You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

How I became Master

Dear all,
    Many might wonder the change in my profile/screen name. The change and the selection of my name as 'Master'has a reason to explain. Read this carefully. With the ongoing discussion on usage of names at ISC, I approched one of my astrologer friend, and asked him for a name. He asked me the number of alphabets that I wish to have in my name. Since I have 3 alphabets in Sun, I doubled it and said 6. He said Okay and asked for the initials appearing in my full name. I said R....M....S..... Then he asked me the languages that I know. I said Tamil and English. Finally, he asked me a famous name that I like. I said 'Anamika'.

He said,"RMSTEA are the six alphabets you selected. Now try to find a good name using all these 6 alphabets. I tried to get a beautiful and meaningful name. I could get only two meaningful words - MASTER & STREAM. I liked the word Master to remain as Master at ISC. God is great. He has bestowed this name upon me.
    Cool! But do you believe in numerology, astrology and other stuff? Why? Instead of using your original name why do you want aliases in the first place? We all knew you better as Sun and even without you telling us, we can identify your works by your writing style. I don't think names make any difference at all in life. Call a shark cow, but it still won't give you milk. Names are given in order to distinguish things. Not to arise confusion.
    It'd be great if you changed your name to Sun again.

The stronger a light shines the darker are the shadows around it.

Many might wonder? I doubt it.
    Keep smiling...one day life will get tired of upsetting you.

Aditya Mohan,
    No. It is the bitter experience that caused me to have my name changed. Even there are members who are not happy with my old name Sun, especially some female members. They always commented my name Sun as a fictitious name, not knowing that it is a part of my original name and criticized that I did not have my original name. So, I feel it right to have a change in my ISC name as suggested by my astrologer.

I had been using the name Sun from my 15th year while I was studying in STD X. I am happy to be Master by name after many long years (Only at ISC)

No life without Sun ¤

Sun and fictitious!! Well my name means Sun too. I don't think you should change your name just because someone asked you to.
    The stronger a light shines the darker are the shadows around it.

Good. Now Mr.Sun has become Mr.Master. Whether one is having belief in numerology, astrology etc., everyone has to believe the destiny. The God prompted Mr.Sun to become Mr.Master. He accepted.
    All the best to Master for his journey in ISC.

drrao
    always confident

My sincere thanks to Dr. N.V.Srinivasa Rao for his best wishes to recommence my ISC journey with my new name 'Master'

However, As per MEs directives, it is improper and against the instructions to call me Mr. Master . Just say 'Master' only. As of latest, ISC discourages the use of prefixes Mr/Ms/Mrs. A simple name would do to avoid gender problems.

No life without Sun ¤

I have read the thread carefully. I have tried to understand the numerological thing posted by Master-ji (nee Mr. Sun). Although I don't know the numerological thing (although I had to study numerical analysis in my Graduation and Post-Graduation days), I feel that 'Stream' is a much better alternative than 'Master'. This is simply because 'stream' signifies 'movement'. We must move on in our life.
    Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

Ha! Ha! Good one.
    It is absurd and it is ridiculously funny.
    Thanks for the laugh.

"A love affair with knowledge will never end in heartbreak" - Michael Garrett Marino

Cool... That's great to learn about your name. By the way, My name in Chinise means "Glory to God" or "God is Great."

I believe that there is nothing to do with the names and astrology.

Be the Hero of the zero hour!

Good change Mr Master! Glad that the letters suggested by your numerologist could luckily be converted into a noun.

Now coming to your response at #602731, in the thread which you have referred to, the ME has clearly mentioned that it would be better to avoid using prefixes like Mr, Mrs or Miss when you are in doubt whether a member is male or female and not as has been interpreted and publicized (having made the same point in the other thread too) by you. It would be nice to read threads properly because Masters are not expected to commit mistakes, right?

'Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance'- Confucius

Oh Juana,
    Thy name is laugh. It is not easy to make others to laugh. You too made me laugh. God has blessed you to laugh at others. God has created you to know the absurd only and laugh at others. I think, you never see good things in your life.. Have you ever laughed and enjoyed the good with a good laugh? No. I don't think so. Thanks for the good laugh. Let us keep laughing in this funny ISC. May God bless you with a mouth tearing laugh, Juana.

@ John Deo Stm, Unlike the olden days, in these days, people run behind astrologers and numerologists to christian their wards with a lucky and lovely name.

@ Saji, For your kind information, Master can be either a male or female. Master is a person. One should be careful in determining the gender of the Master.

No life without Sun ¤

#602748, agreed, but that is when Master is unknown and it is not so in this case and particularly in a thread where one is revealing his identity. Yes, it may be so for those who are new in ISC.

And, any plans to change your forum footer too?

Saji Ganesh,
    No. My forum footer will not be changed. It will remain. It talks about the universal Sun - No life without Sun.

Why are you so concerned with my footer, Saji Ganesh? Is it harmful anyway after I have become a Master at ISC?

No life without Sun ¤

Mr Master, I am not at all concerned! I was just curious because your earlier footer was related to your previous identity and thought you might go for a change having changed your name now, even if it is based on numerology. Just leave it!

Saji,
    It is my observation that you have a habit of thinking differently and meeting the failure. You thought I forgot to alter my name Sun from my footer and reminded through your response. I am always positive and successful with my words and deeds, in and outside ISC.

No life without Sun ¤

Ha! Ha!

Incoherent – that is what the response is. You flip and then you flop and then you flip again to flop back. It is hilarious because it is a senseless response where each line contradicts the other.

And true to character, you did not fail to make personal digs. That's amusing because it shows you have nothing constructive to add and hence you tie yourself in knots.

"A love affair with knowledge will never end in heartbreak" - Michael Garrett Marino

#602756. Oh My good Lord!
    I had high respect and regard for the lady member for her high education and extraordinary intelligence. Alas! She has now proved to be a very ordinary and silly Ha ha ISCian with misunderstanding and misinterpretation of things. She is not she now. What to do? The fate has changed her and pushed her from high to very low. She was once good but never good. Amen.

No life without Sun ¤

# 602757

The forum is not a place of worship. Please address your god and make your prayers wherever you go and worship at other times. This is not the place to call upon your god. Nor is it acceptable to call upon god to discuss a member.

Juana,
    If you can quote the Bible and your lord's words in your footer, I don't think it is wrong to call my lord and offer my prayers to enlighten a member. Better practice before you preach.

No life without Sun ¤

A footer is different from forum posts.

Here you are discussing me. And I object to it. It is not funny.

And I also see it as a deliberate attempt to create communal disharmony on the forum. I see your repeated use of 'Amen' in your posts as an instigation. You are making a mockery of it and are targeting a minority community. This is deliberate. You cannot fool around with something that holds religious sentiments for me and others.

Simply by changing the name a person cannot change his old habit and moments he already shared with us and every one. What I am stressing here that by merely changing names, nothing wonder is going to happen. Just because some one does changed the name , we cannot ape and go ahead on that. Names are kept by elders as per our star and the time of birth during those days. So by changing name to our wishes, we are in fact insulting our elders who gave us the nice name to recognized all over. Moreover why all these one should keep quite and suddenly got the idea to change the name. When the fate and destiny is already written in embossed format my Lord Brahma , who are we to change the fate already decided by him. Just for our satisfaction astrologers are taking us for a ride and suggesting changed names.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Please do refrain from referring to religious beliefs and making personal taunts in ISC which may hurt personal beliefs of members. Such ideas (intentional or otherwise) will not be encouraged or tolerated.
    Mr Master, learn to respect individual sentiments instead of trying to submit explanations of whatsoever nature.

Members are requested to stick to the topic of this thread.

God and Lord is for all. God is omni-present and omni-potent. There is no separate time and place to pray God. We can pray orally. We can pray by writing. We can pray by singing. We can pray during day. We can pray during night. God/Lord is one and is common for all. Similarly the words used are also common to all. Nothing is related to religion. What matters is the prayer is in English. Only the ill minded people will take it in a different way. To me, there is no religion. I love all. I pray all. Kindly don't divert and drag me into religion.

@Juana: You can stop responding to my threads if you feel so.

No life without Sun ¤

To avoid any further confusion in addressing, I have changed my name as" Master Sun" to retain my old and original identity. Hope this would make the ISCians happy.
    No life without Sun ¤

I am going to close this thread. Before I do so, I would advice Sun to stop all this nonsense. Your constant name changes are really pointless with no real aim, other than to scuttle the directive to not use shortened names.
    Keep smiling...one day life will get tired of upsetting you.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.