Benefits of Sundakkai- Turkey berry.Sundakkai (asheta in Hindi, Kudanekayi in Kannada and Turkey berry in English) is very good one to our health since many decades. Many of us hate this to eat or take with our meals due to its bitterness and some without knowing its benefits. This plant is normally available in all houses of villages. The benefits of taking sundakkai are as follows:
• If we take this in our food thrice in a week, we get rid of all worms in our stomach.
• It cures ulcer and stomach pain due to sore in stomach
• It strengthens the inside walls of our stomach
• It enriches with Protein, calcium and Iron and so it took main role in our health improvement
• It helps much in curing breathing problems also.
• The raw sundakkai can be preserved by smashing into two bits, soaked in buttermilk and get dried in sunlight. The same can be used as and when required for making sambar.
• It is useful in curing vertigo, vomiting and purifying blood.
• It is good for kapha curing and is highly useful for the bronchitis patients