You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Me , a ribbon, the great ribbon pakodi (Fried snack or Fritter )

[Completely invalid entry for the story contest, hence no points & cc]

Hai I am ribbon, and I am fondly called ribbon pakodi. I am born in the kitchen of a sweet shop. Why I got the name because, my master prepares a dough out of Maida, add all the ingredients like Jeera, salt, pepper and ghee that would make me more smooth dough to handle with ease.

Once ready, my master would put me into a kitchen utility which has the curving of opening at the bottom as ribbon formation at the end. He would stuff me inside and press hard so that my birth takes place as ribbon and I was well allowed to be fried in the hot pan containing ground nut oil.

The process would take some time for that crisp variety of ribbons to form in brown and then dark brown color. And now I am being shifted to a big tray kept beside other items of the savories and sweets being sold to the regular and daily customers.

Most of my customers are children. As soon they see me, they demand their parents to order ribbon pakoda at once and thus I am packed at once and being sealed to be sold to the customers for a cost. Thus my journey from the shop to the home comes through various roads and by lanes.

Once I am at the house, the children wont wait and immediately demand that I may be served and they feel happy. For many children I am the regular snack for daily evenings and school snack box. But the problem with me that I cannot stay alive for long. I cannot be stored in the shelf, I cannot be shifted inside the fridge, therefore I have to be taken immediately after purchase and therefore my gestation period is very less.

This is the entry for topic Me , the ribbon
    Good story by the author. But this can be considered or not for the contest as it was mentioned in the post of this contest as ribbon should be used in its real meaning . An example to that effect was also given I remember. However your ribbon pakodi is very tasty and hot, hot and I liked it.
    drrao
    always confident

Great. A different ribbon from Mohan. I really love this ribbon pakoda in my life. It is my favourite small eat. I always carry it as a gift to the house I visit. But what I love is the ribbon pakoda made of rice, not maida. All the best for your ribbon pakoda to win the contest.
    No life without Sun

Oh my God. two like from Dr Srinivasa Rao and Sun was really encouraging. Actually I am not a story writer but I can always share in different manner. Ingredients wont matter but a sincere attempt was made.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

K Mohan,
    Though I wished you the best to win this contest, I am afraid, you may not win the contest for reason that I don't want to disclose it here. Since this is a contest, you need to refresh yourself with your Ribbon to understand the cause. .

No life without Sun

Eagerly waiting for your invitation to have a taste of the "Great Ribbon Pakodi"!

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.