You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Creative Writing

A ribbon that saved a girl's chastity.

I was in her mind since the time she saw me in a petty fancy store. When she wanted to get me then, she had no money in her purse. I was a bit costly than the others, but was very attractive to all. People ignored me due to my high cost, not knowing my strength and purpose. I used to be in her daily dreams. She longed for me. But she never had a chance to visit the shop again until her marriage .Since I had a defect in me. (Few of my strings were parted) I was kept separately. Though all call me a Ribbon, I was very different from the ribbon. I was not made for the purpose, but for a very different purpose. All may not like me, but only few who knows me well.

Her marriage was fixed. She came to my shop to buy things required for her marriage. She sighted me. I could see a big smile on her face. She asked for me. The shopkeeper informed her my deficiency. She said,"I don't mind. I want it." The shop keeper reduced my price and gave me to her. Her marriage was over. Her husband is a Major from the Indian Army working on a secret mission. The couple went on a honeymoon trip to Kashmir.

During their honeymoon days, on one fine evening, she wanted to move alone and enjoy the natural beauty of Kashmir. She took me out, tied me on her neck proudly and went out in a scooter for a jolly ride on the roads of Kashmir valley. Enroute, a terrorist in a Royal Enfield bike noticed her and followed her. In a silent area where there was no movement of the public, the terrorist overtook her scooter, blocked it and threatened to kill her if she did not accompany him. Having no other way, the girl sat behind the terrorist, and the bike moved to an unknown place.

Having understood the danger ahead, the girl remembered a scene from a film. While on ride, she untied and released me from her neck and took me in her hand. She boldly put me around the neck of the terrorist and put a good knot. She tightened me to the extend that the terrorist could only scream and do nothing but apply the brake. When the bike stopped, she tightened me further and I could stop the breath of the terrorist. After having realized that the terrorist was no more, she released me from his neck and kissed me. Yes. I killed a terrorist and felt proud. When she returned home and explained the situation to her husband, the Major was proud of her good wife. He said that he would recommend her name for a bravery award.

I am still safe in the suit case of that bold girl. She calls me with love "My dear Killer Ribbon".

@ My entry for the " Me.. a Ribbon" contest.
    You are indeed a killer ribbon. Nice going. Some might look at it as a way of promoting violence but I look at it as a stance of self-defense.
    The stronger a light shines the darker are the shadows around it.

Very good story by Mr. Master Sun. A ribbon has become a weapon in the hands of the girl and killed a terrorist. Good imagination. The story of killer ribbon is very nice. I liked it. So it is better every girl carry a ribbon in her hair or neck . It may come in handy for self defence.
    drrao
    always confident

An excellent story from Master-ji. I immensely enjoyed reading it. In the story, the girl going to be married used the ribbon to save herself from danger. Very strong contender for the award.
    Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

A nice piece of satire from the author with a powerful script and flowing narrative. The end is mesmerizing.

Very rare but effective use of ribbon for self defence is the power of this piece of prose.

Well done and good luck.

Knowledge is power.

For a girl to survive from the evil designs of others and trouble makers in the society what ever she gets into her hand is the weapon and thank God , even ribbon can do the wonders to self defense.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.