You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Creative Writing

Ribbon that put a smile on Kavita's face.

I am a beautiful red ribbon that made Kavita's dream come true. Kavita hailed from a poor family doing household chores in the neighborhood to help her mom. Life taught her too many lessons at a very young age yet she always looked very happy and contented. She would feel satisfied even with the smallest thing she got. Kavita always dreamt of wearing a nice dress and decorating her hair with colorful ribbon but all the money that Kavita and her mom got by doing household work were spent on her dad's medicines and their monthly expenses. Kavita knew that asking her mom for a pair of ribbon would hurt her as there would be no money left with them for any extra expenses.
    One day a small girl had come to her grandparent's place for the vacation were Kavita was doing a household work. The small girl was always nicely dressed and her hair was always tied neatly with colorful ribbons matching her dress. Looking at her Kavita was always tempted to wear those ribbons at least once in a lifetime but with no other option, she would resume back to work. One day the girl had placed her ribbons on the table and was busy painting. When Kavita entered the room to clean it, she found the ribbon and with excitement, she took it and placed it on her hair to see how it looks on her. On seeing this, the small girl started screaming at Kavita and started calling her a thief. Hearing this the girl's Grandma rushed to a room and saw Kavita standing in a corner and crying. Upon inquiry, grandma understood that Kavita was just trying the ribbon as she always dreamt of wearing one. Grandma made the little girl understand about how honest Kavita is and how hard working she is. After listening to Grandma, the girl felt pity for Kavita and her state. She regretted her reaction. In the evening, the girl went to market with her grandparents and brought ME - a beautiful pair of red ribbons from her pocket money that her parents had given the girl. In the evening itself the girl met Kavita and handed her the ribbon. On seeing the ribbon, Kavita was very happy. She tied me to her hair neatly and started dancing in joy. She carefully rolled me and kept me in her bag so that there won't be any damage to me. During festivals, she would open me and cleanly tie her hair and feel happy. I am very grateful to the girl for gifting me to Kavita and I feel very happy to put a smile on Kavita's face by being a beautiful red ribbon.
    An excellent simple ribbon story from the author. Ribbons are not preserved for long. Ribbons are like hand kerchieves that doesn't stay long in our hands or in our hair. Moreover, ribbons are affordable and not very costly. . After reading the ribbon contest stories, I have planned to present ribbons to all poor young children I meet. They would call me ribbon uncle, I think. Good story. All the best.
    No life without Sun

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.