You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

What do you like the most about me?

"What do you like the most about me?
    Sometimes you ask this question to others and sometimes others ask you this question. What does this question imply?
    I think, this question implies how much the person who is asking this question depends on the responding person. One can only ask such a question to the person upon whom one relies the most and knows that he or she is the best critic of the person asking. If I ask you this question then it means I consider you one my nearest and dearest and would definitely like to know and improve upon my best qualities based on your remarks.
    If you ask me then in ISC I like Vandana Madam the most. Despite being the ME she is not pompous. She criticizes and guides anybody who she feels is not moving on the right path. From the time I have joined ISC, I always felt that she never likes sycophants. I like these about her because, I am also this kind of a person.
    I would like to call out other ISC members in sharing what they like the most about any one particular ISC member of their choice.
    P.S.-Please respect each other's views. Don't engage into an exchange of snide remarks if you disagree with anybody. Also, please don't comment on any physical feature of a person, male or female. This thread is a humble try to bring out the best features(other than physical appearance or profile attributes) of any ISC member, appreciated by other ISC member. This is not a thread to bring out the disliked features of any member by any other member. I sincerely hope people will respect that.
    I know some of member at ISC like Sobhagya Das but I think he is not active here now. He is nice person and helping nature.

I like Forum section answers of members because its come something new always. Expert section is also a very strong section where we can get quality posts by experts only.

Santosh Kumar Singh
    (Sr. Microsoft Dynamics Axapta Technical,Mumbai)

Is this discussion appropriate for the forum? For one, we hardly know the members here; most of us have just online interactions with people. Two, you have initiated a discussion on members, which can get nasty.

Someone could argue that if a discussion on 'what members like about another member' is allowed, why a discussion on 'what members do not like about members' cannot be allowed.

Also, we had a secret ballot for badges, with utmost secrecy being maintained about how many votes members received and who voted. The issue was just limited to names and numbers. Here the discussion is about real people – in words.

Do we want to know why someone likes another member? What if a male member begins describing the beauty of a female member for his reason for liking her? Will the response be allowed or considered inappropriate for the forum?

Honestly, someone who does not like 'sycophants' will not appreciate such open admiration, which can appear as sycophancy.

Underestimate me...that'll be fun!

My journey here in this channel is very short. Even though I joined in 2007 February , I discontinued and started again from December 2016 only. But I learned many aspects in this short time by reading various articles and other sections. A good site means all the people involved are good. Otherwise the site can't be so good. So I say I like everybody for the good in them.
    My special liking goes to Mr.Venkiteswaran. A versatile writer. Very simple writing. A person like me who is not good at English will also understand his English easily. That is what expected from a writer. We should think of the readers when we write. He is a very knowledgeable person and gives very elaborate answers to the questions asked. I like him for his writing skills and simple nature which I understand from his writings.

drrao
    always confident

I think mentioning some good things of a member is fine in a thread posted by that member to, say, celebrate a milestone and one is thanking or appreciating a fellow ISCian. Otherwise I feel it is best to avoid praising somebody or highlighting some traits of the person. Frankly, I am not at all comfortable with this.
    Keep smiling...one day life will get tired of upsetting you.

If I go by the thread question, frankly I don't like anything about you. Be it your profile photo or your action as an editor. Hope my answer should be taken in right spirit.
    "Hum to Doobenge sanam tum ko bhii le Doobenge"

Liking of a person comes after frequent meeting one to one exchanging views and discussions on many issues of mutual interest and that will open up the heart. Though through ISC we are interacting with each other but not in personal mode but with a response to a thread which may not bring the exact yard stick feature of a person. Just because we may be good at writing in forum does not guarantee that we are good in friendship in person too. But over the period of time we do come to know the reality of persons through their communication skill and helping attitude towards others.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Ms. Juana, first of all let me answer few of your queries, with a humble request. If you don't like the thread, refrain from participating in it. This thread is not written o cater to what you like particularly. You may dislike the thread totally. I respect that. So I would request join some other thread, where your interest match. Just like I never participate in a thread which I am not comfortable with.
    Now you raised this point: "Is this discussion appropriate for the forum?"
    My answer:I don't see why not. It's not against any forum guideline. If you don't know any member, please don't participate in this thread. No offence but your ignorance will not serve the purpose of this thread.

"Do we want to know why someone likes another member?"
    My answer: Maybe you don't want to know. I would really love to know good things about my dear fellow ISCians. I said that in my main discussion already.

"What if a male member begins describing the beauty of a female member for his reason for liking her? Will the response be allowed or considered inappropriate for the forum?"

My answer:I really think it that way. I never believed any true ISCian could really be nasty. I had faith in my fellow members. But thank you for pointing it out. I amended my main discussion accordingly. I don't think this problem will arise henceforth. Thank you Ms. Juana.
    Lastly, If you don't agree to my or Mr. Rao's or Mr. Santosh Singh's views, fair enough. Just stay clear of this discussion.

Live life Kingsize!

Joyshree,

Let me start by telling you what I like about you. The very obvious sycophancy you have displayed by not responding to Vandana's post and only responding to mine. Hats off to you for carrying it out with such élan. It is not something that I appreciate in an individual, but the way you have done it, is really commendable.

Coming to your response –

1. You request me to not participate in the thread. Does the request extend to Vandana too? Perhaps not and don't we all know the reason! Anyway, your request is silly because when you post a thread you must be prepared to receive all types of responses and not just what you want to read.
    2. You don't participate in threads you are not comfortable with, and that's your choice. Don't begin thrusting your choice on me and not on the forum. The forum is open to everyone. You do not get to decide who should and who should not participate in threads.
    3. The forum did not publish votes received for badges and you bring in a thread asking for what members like about other members. I am not the only one objecting to your post, as the Managing Editor has objected to it as well. Is she ignorant too? Does that make you the only wise one on the forum?
    4. You compare yourself to the ME, no offence meant, but that is being a bit pompous. Seriously, the way you have handled my response does not put you anywhere close to that league.
    5. You never believed any true ISCian could be really nasty. Can the term 'true ISCian' be explained? Isn't each member an ISCian? Is the response #603132 not from a true ISCian? So, now you think you get to decide who a true ISCian is – is that it?
    6. And if you chose to amend your thread there was definitely something you learned from my response.
    7. I do not have to agree with any of the other members. But, you do have some gall to tell me to stay clear of this discussion. This is the reason editors are the most hated (if I may use the term) members. This attitude stinks.
    8. Lastly, I would have respected you for your views had you included Vandana's name in your response. Your failure to do so just points towards shallowness. She did address the same things as I did. You choose to not comment on her post. Such duplicity. Appalled.

Let me come to the subject of the thread. Which Member do I like most? Without any iota of doubt, the answer is Partha Kansabanik. This Member is the closest to my heart. I like his writing, I hate his procastrination. I like his view, I hate his moodiness. I love him for his qualities (you may doubt if he has any) and more for his faults. I like him for his determination to prove his point, which many of you would call stubbornness. I love his emotional outburst and also his 'politically incorrect' views.

Members, be honest. Don't you love yourself (a Member of ISC) the most?

Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

What a post! When ISC can permit this thread, why not my this Thread which has been deleted fearing some controversy. I am sure this thread also can create some controversy. Just because the author who is also an editor praised and appreciated the ME in this thread, the ME did not think of locking or deleting this thread. It is like applying butter (Makkan) on one eye and lime (Chunna) on the other. I too agree with Juana's response. ISC should be firm. ISC should not allow any discussion about its members quality, beauty or character though good or bad.

@ Finally, As a response to the thread, I like the member Ms.Juana for her high intelligence, knowledge, proficiency in English, for her bold and straight forwardness. Though I had bitter experiences and encountered many ugly situations with this member I like this good lady from the bottom of my heart.

About a male member. I like Mr. Venkiteswaran. No much explanation is required.It is self explanatory. In simple words, he is a perfect Gentleman. He is the best male member loved and liked by me.

No life without Sun ¤

My previous response got reposted again, this morning. I do not know how that happened. Just deleted it and typing this new response in its place.

My initial response was not an attack on the author. I had aired my honest views. The author of this post, for some reason, took my response as a personal insult. And chose to answer every point raised by me.

However, I stand by whatever I have stated in my second response.

Also, I am glad to see other members voicing their views and questioning the appropriateness of this thread. I am not the only one objecting to this thread, which shows that like minds think alike and that there are many a like-minded people present on this platform.

@ Sun - I do not know you and our interactions have always been online. Clashes are bound to happen when there are differences in opinions and each of us defends our own stand. However, I thank you for having good tings to say about me. I appreciate your honesty.

@ Partha - Your response to this thread is amusing. It did make me laugh out aloud.

Sun - your thread was deleted because it was inappropriate in a different sense. Do not ask for explanations.

This thread is being allowed just so that members can give their views on it. What I feel as an ISCian is that we could mention in this thread what we like about a person's contributions, about his/her work and not discuss (dissect!) somebody's personal character. This would inspire us to learn from each other how to improve our contributions.

As a start, there is one member's articles which I would like to mention here as being different - that of Swati Sarnobat. The most simplistic things of life - like having her own study room - are brought out so well. Then there are members like Mahesh who answer technical stuff in the Ask Expert section in a manner that really is helpful since it is devoid of complicated jargon and easy to follow.

Keep smiling...one day life will get tired of upsetting you.

• Sign In to post your comments