You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Silly question #2 a planet with two suns

If a planet has 2 suns and only one moon, will there be phases of moon there too.
    Let us assume these two suns are in the same plane.
    And assume that suns are behind and in the front of the moon.
    So how would it look? A planet where sun never sets but it has a moon.
    And according to me, the moon never sets too.
    It is a silly question but made me to think on the subject. If the planet has to suns, it must also have the two moons as per the natural balance. And having two suns it does not mean that both may work for 24 hours or 12 hours. I say each Sun will work for eight hours, and remaining eight hours belong to Moon and that there wont be phases unlike new moon and full moon on the earth. As the movement of moon signifies the position of the person on that day, what I understand that there wont be movement of moon around the planet and the moon would be static. Therefore there wont be chandrashtamam that is moon coming on 8th place against the star would create trying times to the persons. So if no chandrashtamam means no worries or problems. The planet would be guaranteeing 100 percent peace to all.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

This thread is really a very silly thread to discuss about two suns and one moon. It is like talking about five headed cobra or ten headed Ravan which doesn't exist. Let us not change the universal theory of one stationary Sun and the planets revolving around the Sun.
    No life without Sun

Maybe it's not that silly "Master". You can check about that. There are thousands of planets with more than one suns.
    Being a sun yourself, you must know better.

The stronger a light shines the darker are the shadows around it.

You yourself termed it as silly question, and I confirmed that it is very silly. If there are many suns, there could be many moons too. One sun and one moon only. Anyway, it is not a subject of my(Sun) concern. I leave it to others to study and understand this sun and that sun.
    No life without Sun

• Sign In to post your comments