You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: General

What is best way to learn new language for adult?

My co-worker are most of time from different part of India. They don't understand me and I don't understand them in native language. That is understandable. But when you try to learn other language it is always difficult and your end of learning only small sentences or few most common words. What is best way to learn new language for adult?

1. Learn through paid coaching ?
    2. By watching movies , listening songs or reading news paper and note words and meaning?
    3. Through Youtube educational videos?
    4. Through colleagues?
    5. Any other best approach to learn in short period?

Can ISC do something to promote learning new languages, lets say adding new section?
    It is good to buy books to learn language one to another initially, and then by speaking with them frequently we can easily learn any language. One Balaji Publications from Chennai are publishing books in simple manner to learn any language. Their address is Shop No 103/235, Pycrofts Road, Royapettah, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600014 Phone:098840 29557. You can talk to them over phone and get the books over post.

The easy way of learning is by talking to the colleagues in the language which we want to learn. Initially you will have some problem. But once you start talking you will get acquainted .
    In addition to that there are some books for learning other languages. Rapid learning books. 30 days for learning languages. You can read those books. But reading these books only is of no use.
    Keep a dictionary of learning language word's meanings in your mother tongue , start reading the news papers of that language. For unknown words use dictionary and learn. These three activities will give you a better and fast understanding of the language .

drrao
    always confident

No language is simple enough to be learnt in 3 months or so. At the most, we can learn by heart maximum 100-200 most common sentences during this period. We can also llearn the alphabets also. But learning the usage, saying, proverbs and various other nitty-gritties of a modern language in 3 months is just impossible.

Of course I am talking about common people like me. Polyglots like Harinath Dey are definitely exceptions.

Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

After a certain age it may be difficult to learn other language starting from alphabets. The most common and successful way is talking with colleagues and making notes later at spare time. This is the fastest way of learning.

Of course there are many other methods depending on ones temparament. Joining tuitions, learning from audio visual methods etc are also good options.

Thoughts exchanged is knowledge gained.

If there is a will there is a way. Learning a language after student life is not as difficult as perceived by many. As already enumerated above there are various ways and means of learning a language and shortest and easiest way in my opinion also is through talking with colleagues.

Learning a new language is always a challenge. You have to train the brain to accept these new things affirmatively and happily which some philosphers have termed as aptitude.

If one has aptitude and inclination, the process of learning becomes easier and the person feels contended with increased academic dose.

Knowledge is power.

In my opinion, the best way to learn a new language is talking with your colleagues or friends. You can read any number of books but unless you don't communicate to someone in that language, it won't be of much benefit. When you hear a particular phrase with one of your friend, go and use it somewhere else; automatically you will remember it. When you don't understand anything, you should not hesitate in asking others. Many people are not able to learn something new because they feel ashamed in asking. I have one friend in my college from Assam. When he first joined the college, his Hindi was considerably poor but after talking to other classmates he improved a lot. When he wasn't able to understand anything, he didn't feel shy to ask the meaning of that sentence. Gradually, he improved and now after three years, he can speak as fluent as any of us. So, communicating with others is the best way to learn a new language.
    Don't sweat the small stuff and it's all small stuff.

As far as I am concerned learning more than one language apart from Mother tongue and English is essential. For example living in Hyderabad can be possible by knowing Telugu. But being a cosmopolitan Metro, there are different kinds of people hailing from different regions of the country are living here since ages. Knowing Tamil, Kannada, Urdu, Marathi, Marwadi, Gujarathi, Punjabi and Rajasthani has become essential for some of us. What I feel that instead of buying books and getting knowledge about the language, it is better to converse with those persons of other language and that way learning would become more easy. In the office where I am working the receptionist is very much interested to talk to me in Tamil and she has picked up words from my daily interaction and today she is perfect.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

• Sign In to post your comments