You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Admissions

Regarding admission transfer procedure

My friend is transferring admission in final year engineering in same university. How much time this transfer procedure will take?
    As far as I know the candidates are allowed to change the Engineering course and college in the first year and not later as the main course would start from the second year. But you are saying that your friend is in final year and I wont think he would get the transfer now that easily. In the fourth year actually all the Engineering students are exposed to projects work and they are prepared for the GD, thesis writing and above all project preparations through which their caliber would be judged when the campus interviews would start from the Sept and Oct of this year. So I doubt changing of college at this time.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

In the same subject in the same university from one affiliated college to other affiliated college transfer may be acceptable basing on the reason for your transfer and at the mutual consent of the two colleges. Some colleges insist for full fee payment even though you are not studying there. For the last year you have to pay fees in old college as well as in the new college. New college may ask for some additional payment for according the transfer. All these things are to be taken into account before going for a transfer. Once both the colleges accepts it may not take much time.
    I feel it is better to continue in the same college as it is a year only. If you change the college you require some time to get acquainted with the new environs and teachers. You may lose some time in the process and your studies will get effected. It is not advisable to have a change in the last year

drrao
    always confident

[Response removed by Admin. Read forum policies.]

The best thing is you should consult with your college and also that college where you want to take admission. Transfer one college to another is might be possible with the mutual consent of two colleges. But some colleges don't transfer admission to another college because of different colleges policies. If your friend is in the first year then the possibility to transfer another college is easy but in final year I think you should consult properly with your college.

Thanks

• Sign In to post your comments