You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

In your school days are you good at prose, poetry , drawing or sports activities ?

During school days especially the high school would be more interesting and remembered to every one because we were involved in so many activities and the moments we cherish even today. Some are good at rendering prose, some are good at rendering poetry, some are very good at drawing and get applause from even fellow students and some are simply sports enthusiasts and they wont mingle with us. What kind of school child you were ?. I was interested in participating in Science Exhibition with new exhibits.
    Childhood memories are really something to be cherished. During student life every student has special inclination to some hobby or job.

I had an inclination for going out with friends for long walks and chatting with them on varied subjects. In addition I was participating in activities like sciece fair, science exhibition, show match etc.

Knowledge is power.

Now a days the children are given with many activities like subject drawing on big sheets during special occasions and that was not present on olden days.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

I had participated in almost all activities except singing and dancing. Science exhibition, career mela, skits on annual day, tug of war, disc throwing during annual sports, Speech competition etc.
    I never had natural talent or interest towards art(drawing and painting) and never have tried during school times.

Regards:
    Chitra Rana

In my school i was good at prose and poetry of Telugu Language. I used to be the class first always in these subjects. I used to recite poems in the school. The telugu teacher was appreciating very much for my interest in Telugu language. In languages also I used to get above 60% in all examinations. In my public examination also I got very good marks.
    I am good at the activities of Scouts. I obtained President Flag in this game. I attended 3 camps also in scouts and guides activity.

drrao
    always confident

Me was not good in school days very weak in reading and writing still I am through out second class pass in every class that is the reason I selected computer as my career because no writing only typing . ha ha ah.
    Santosh Kumar Singh
    (Sr. Microsoft Dynamics Axapta Technical,Mumbai)

During school days I was interested in writing prose and poetry. I was interested in writing stories also. I used to send stories to newspapers and magazines also.Some of my stories were published.I was interested in writing poems for children.I was intelligent enough in changing the lines of poems and giving those new look.My friends advised me to write and send these for publishing.I used to write for school magazine.

During my school days I had shown more interest in drawing classes. I used to come out with top marks in drawing examinations. I was genergenerally a shy student and was silent too. However in examinations I used to score high marks. There used to have competitions in different arts and literary forms. I participated only in drawing. Generally First or second prize came to me.
    T.M.Sankaran
    Gold Member ISC

What beautiful memories you have helped revive. I participated in everything. I was not an exceptionally brilliant student, but did fairly well, enough to secure first division throughout my school life and a distinction in English in the class 10 boards and standing third in the university examinations, while in college.

I participated in every possible extracurricular activity. I was (am) good at drawing and painting, but realised my true talent much later in life. I was (am) a good singer and was in the school as well as college choir. I was also the house-captain and flag bearer, for my house, in the march-past team. Volleyball, badminton and basketball were the sports I played. I was also a gymnast and an athlete and represented my house each year in the inter-house competitions for the sports day and participated in the inter-school competitions, as well.

I was self-conscious as a child and fearful of going alone on stage. I overcame this shortcoming, in college, when more opportunities came my way. I acted in plays and was part of the college dance troupe, and participated in contests where I had to be on stage, alone.

Underestimate me...that'll be fun!

I was literally 'jack of all trades' in my school days. I was a sure participant in every competition organised. Then, from experience I started the eliminations.

I soon knew that drawing talent has not come anywhere near me. Then I realised that in athletics like running etc I may get a prize only if winners are selected from the reverse order. So very soon I left the area of athletics and drawing sectors.
    I had continued to play badminton till I left school and revived after getting a job. By and by I forgot about it also.

For singing and poetry recitation, I used to get prizes in school level. In college I also used to participate in singing, more as a way to make fun and get attention, than with any seriousness. Thus, in college I restricted my participation to Essay competitions, debates and elocution. I was participating in competitions conducted in all the three languages –English, Hindi and Malayalam. I had been selected to the Inter-collegiate competitions also.
    But I was best in extempore speeches. Even after getting a job, I was participating in inter-departmental ,inter-office quiz and speech competitions. While in school and college, I used to participate and in various competitions (writing and speaking) conducted by the local authorities and even Taluk, block and district level also.
    I had been associated in conducting art exhibitions , science exhibitions and debating club in school and college.

It is still a pleasure even now to look once-in-while, at the mementos and certificates received(whatever could be salvaged from termites).

Author has raised a very interesting forum. I was interested in drawing and participating dance in annual function. I have actually attended first grade drawing examination and have a certificate. Some times when I look at all that I go back once and love to share it with my kids.

• Sign In to post your comments