You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: General

    Shifting to teaching line having BTech with 12+ years experience

    I have been working in govt organisation since last 10 years and prior to that I have 3 years experience in private industry. I have done BTech in Chemical Engineering only as I didnt get time to do MTech. I did Graduate Diploma in Construction management after BTech. Is it possible for me to switch to teaching line? If yes what designation will I get and what would be my approximate emoluments.
  • #603794
    Normally very less Chemical Engineering candidates can be seen for opting the course. For example in Hyderabad there are only three colleges which offer Chemical Engineering and the seats are roughly around 180 sets. What I was told my the management of the college where my boy has also joined as Chemical Engineer and he is now into third year, that being a big group they may take him as one of the teaching staff offering good remuneration. Not that he may not get the job in campus interview, the college does not want to loose a good ranker and work for the other companies after having studied in their own college. So what I suggest that try for the job in the college where you have studied and as per my estimate the professor teaching for Chemical Engineering may get between 30,000 to 40,000. And I have no idea of Construction Management course teaching salary.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

  • #603809
    As per UGC and AICTE specifications a graduate is not eligible for Associate Professor or Assistant Professor. Minimum They should have M.Tech. As mentioned by K.Mohan Private Colleges are taking B.Techs and Paying Rs.25000/ per month. But their designation will be Demonstrator or teaching Asst. But a lecturer's starting salary as per UGC scales will be some where around Rs.60000/- a month. But you should complete M.Tech for getting that. So please think twice before you take a decision. There are many colleges which are offering around Rs.15000/- per month to B.Tech candidates. So don't be in a hurry. Complete M.Tech and then think of going to teaching .
    always confident

  • #603818
    Thanks to all for the response. I have understood that its better to have MTech certificate before applying for a post.

  • #603826
    As already suggested you have to complete post graduation before switching to teaching line.

    I want to add that if you have interest or passion for teaching line you can very well do it as part time activity or teaching in some technical institute but if you want it because you are not happy or satisfied with present assignment then it is a different matter.

    Knowledge is power.

  • Sign In to post your comments