Me, a ribbon - creative writing contest winnersTime to announce the winners of the Me, a ribbon - creative writing contest! We are giving some additional prizes over and above than those announced.
1. The two stories adjudged the best are those submitted by Neelam Joshi for her story of ribbon used at an inauguration and then spending the rest of its life in a museum and Partha Kansabanik who has submitted a most unusual story set in rural India. They each win Rs.250/-
2. The second prize of Rs.200/- goes to Asha Kurian for a very good narration that gave insightful details of a day in school through the eyes of a ribbon.
3. The third prize of Rs.150/- goes to Gagan Ahari for a story that ended with a humorous twist.
4. The fourth prize of Rs.100/- is being awarded to two participants: Suman Sahu for narrating the multiple ways in which a single ribbon was used and Soundharya for her unique emotional story of a black ribbon.
5. A consolation prize of Rs.75/- is being awarded to two participants: Padmini for her story of a ribbon created from an old saree and how it sparked off an entrepreneur's business; and Seema Mittal for the thoughtful use of a pink ribbon.
Congratulations to all the winners! All participants will get points & cc credited to their entries as per quality. Winners will get 10 points each but no cc to their entry.
[Note: There were quite a few entries which were considered to be invalid.]