You must Sign In to post a response.
Applaud the winners of our creative writing contest "Me, a ribbon"!
  • Category: Winners

Me, a ribbon - creative writing contest winners

Time to announce the winners of the Me, a ribbon - creative writing contest! We are giving some additional prizes over and above than those announced.

1. The two stories adjudged the best are those submitted by Neelam Joshi for her story of ribbon used at an inauguration and then spending the rest of its life in a museum and Partha Kansabanik who has submitted a most unusual story set in rural India. They each win Rs.250/-

2. The second prize of Rs.200/- goes to Asha Kurian for a very good narration that gave insightful details of a day in school through the eyes of a ribbon.

3. The third prize of Rs.150/- goes to Gagan Ahari for a story that ended with a humorous twist.

4. The fourth prize of Rs.100/- is being awarded to two participants: Suman Sahu for narrating the multiple ways in which a single ribbon was used and Soundharya for her unique emotional story of a black ribbon.

5. A consolation prize of Rs.75/- is being awarded to two participants: Padmini for her story of a ribbon created from an old saree and how it sparked off an entrepreneur's business; and Seema Mittal for the thoughtful use of a pink ribbon.

Congratulations to all the winners! All participants will get points & cc credited to their entries as per quality. Winners will get 10 points each but no cc to their entry.

[Note: There were quite a few entries which were considered to be invalid.]
    To be honest I am very disappointed with the results. I was hoping for atleast third prize if not for winning the contest. I felt my story was very good. It was very well appreciated by fellow ISCians too but now I realise that I exceeded the word limit. I didn't notice there was a word limit. Because of my carelessness I couldn't win a prize. It feels really bad not winning a prize after a lot of hard work but I learnt my lesson. I will take care of it in the upcoming competitions.
    Anyways, congratulations to all the winners. They all wrote wonderful stories which were a joy to read.

Don't sweat the small stuff and it's all small stuff.

Hearty congratulations to all the winners of the contest. Creativity is an art. It cannot be achieved in a day. It needs constant efforts and nourishment. The contestants have shown that even a simple topic can be turned into a sparkling gem with their creative touch.

The articles created by these creators with mere touch of their creativity, will surely help others to learn how to create a good article and motivate them to follow those creators.

I have joined just yesterday and need some time to clearly understand the rules and regulations of the site. Therefore, I could not take part in any of the ongoing contests but hope to do so in the near future.

I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep.

Congratulations to all the prize winners of " Me-a ribbon' creative writing contest.

I regret that I did not participate. It was due to sheer procrastination. As I was having some other matters, I kept postponing the writing and could not meet the deadline. There was good participation in the contest and all participants deserve appreciation.

My hearty congrats to all the prize winners. It is really surprising to see four prizes awarded this time and also consolation prizes for this contest. Good going on the part of ISC.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

My congratulations to all the prize winners. As usual the ISC has shown its speciality in the selection. A very nice selection. I hope ISC will continue to motivate the members to give best out of them and show their talent,
    drrao
    always confident

This was one tough competition. The ideas and presentation of every member was amazing. I'd like to applaud for every participant along with the winners for their splendid contribution.
    But I don't get it. This time I really gave a very intriguing content. If not first, third atleast.
    I really thought I'd get a prize this time around.

The stronger a light shines the darker are the shadows around it.

When ISC could not give the award for the others, at least they would have done with the content points. Even that was removed in the name of quality content. But the same thread was appreciated by other members. ?
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Congratulations to all the winners of Me, a ribbon contest. It was an unique contest with lots of good stories. Hope to see more of these contest in future.
    Regards
    Rizwan

An excellent Me..a Ribbon contest organised by our ME. It gave me an opportunity to improve my creativity. My hearty congrats to all the eight members who won the prizes for their good ribbons. Well done.

@ Thank you for your Rupees Ten for the work that I have done.

No life without Sun

I congratulate Ms. Neelam Joshi, Ms. Asha Kurian, Mr. Gagan Ahari, Mr. Suman Sahu, Ms. Soundharya, Ms. Padmini and Ms. Seema Mittal for winning this contest.

I thank Ms. Vandana for considering my 'unhappy ribbon' for the Joint First Prize.

I acknowledge that the other stories of the contest are also of really high standard.

Mr. Nilesh: I do understand your disappointment. In this connection I would like to say that nowadays in case of contest, I check the word-count immediately after completing the story. If it goes beyond the limit, I drastically edit the story. In this story also, I did the same.

Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

Congratulations to all the winners for this unique story writing contest.
    Thank you for considering my story for consolation prize.

Padmini

Living & Learning- simultaneous processes!

congratulations to the winners of creative writing contest.

My hearty comgratulations to Ms. Neelam Joshi,Mr. Partha , Ms. Asha Kurian, Mr. Gagan Ahari, Mr. Suman Sahu, Ms. Soundharya, Ms. Padmini and Ms. Seema Mittal for winning this contest.
    Honesty is the best policy.

For invalid entries, please refer to the text put at the top of your entry.
    Keep smiling...one day life will get tired of upsetting you.

My hearty congratulation to all winners of this contest. I will try to participate in the next competition to learn many new things here.

Hearty congratulations to all the prize winners of the Me, a ribbon- creative writing contest and to all the participants too! All the entries were good and was an indicator to the creative potential our members have. Winning is not easy but then it is not all about it. Keep contributing and enjoy the journey!

The cash rewards and points have been credited to the winners!

'Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance'- Confucius

Congratulations to all the prize winners of " Me-a ribbon' creative writing contest".
    The greatest wealth in this world is mental peace and good health.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.