You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Imaginary world, imaginary friends and relationships.

I'm not sure if everyone's like this, but when I was kid I used to have this imaginary world inside my head. With imaginary friends and family. And this habit of mine conversing with these imaginary characters grew with me. It ended finally two years ago. I never felt alone when I was immersed in that world. I never needed real people. But I maintained my sanity all along. I knew I wasn't crazy and I understood that there are very few but similar people like me.
    You may not be able to comprehend the gravity of the situation I was in.

I recently went to a personality development and talent recognition camp where I learnt that I am highly imaginative. That wasn't any surprise. I've been writing poems and stories since my fifth class. And my stories were very different and unique.
    I decided to kill this imaginary world many times because I couldn't concentrate on anything in reality. I subconsciously start thinking about this imaginary world. But no matter how much I tried, I never succeeded. I couldn't sleep at nights because of overthinking.
    Then one day all of a sudden it stopped. I didn't care about my imaginary family or world anymore.
    Reason: I started making friends with real people. I accepted the reality as it is. And I started putting my thoughts in paper as poems and stories.

I never really had friends before I was 18. And my loneliness and imagination power drove me to that. There are a many who resort to get enclosed in an imaginary space free from the autocracies of the cruel reality. It's their safe haven from the harshness. And unfortunately their imagination instead of helping them, destroys them.
    And I think it's my mission to help those who are suffering from these kind of problems.
    Wow! You have described your experience very nicely. As you said it's hard to relate but I truly believe there are many people like you. There are many people who don't like interacting with others. They put a barrier around them. They feel if they open up, they might end up getting hurt. "Unfortunately their imagination instead of helping them, destroys them." This line hit me hard. Glad that you know about yourself so well. It's a nice effort to share your story and help others. Lots of people feel like they are the only one different from others and end up getting frustrated. Other people going through the same will surely feel better. Appreciate your effort. Well done!
    Don't sweat the small stuff and it's all small stuff.

Aditya Mohan, you have expressed yourself very nicely. It is good to note that you come out of your imaginary world. It will be for your betterment only. You make a goal for yourself and work towards that goal. I know many people who spoiled their life in their imaginary world.
    One boy of our village belongs to a very poor family. The village president, village Karnam, village munsif and other ward members used to call him for their personal works and used to give him some money. Because he is many times with them he always used to imagine himself as a big man of the village and never concentrated on his studies. Somehow he finished 10th class in his 3rd attempt and taken the post of his father as a village post master. The salary is very lee as it is a small village post office.

drrao
    always confident

You have expressed the existance of two worlds within your mind very well and the way they clash.
    There are many people who goes through such things but very few people who express this and live their life normally with such clashes going their mind, but those who can live are in the rare breed of creative people who are able to understand the vast expansion of human mind and its imagination
    In the past I have also gone through such experience of imagination and I used to imagine lot of things and thats why I like movies like harry potter very much, but earlier I tried to shut down such imaginations and thoughts which are not true in real world, but now I use them in writing stories and poems.

"It is hardest thing in the world to be good thinker without being a good self examiner"

For every one we always try to be a child no matter we have grown up and the society seeks inclusive development in us. But owing to too much involvement in the childhood activities and the characters those are very dear to us, we wont forget those nostalgic moments even though they are imaginary. Normally children get connected to the fairy tales and cartoon characters instantly and they tend to behavior in the same mood. Probably that was affected even my son Aditya. Nevertheless he has come out those imaginary situation and now he is mingling with real and live friends which is a great plus point for him. That is why I insists that children must be exposed to the real world. Let them experience the challenges and miseries the parents gone through and that would bring them the real lesson.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

I think every little girl and every little boy has this imaginary world playing in their head. As kids, we pretend to be someone that we are not. Some find refuge in this, as it helps them cope with the demons that haunt them. Others learn to adjust and accept everything life offers them. But, I am referring to little people, who aren't equipped to make changes in their lives or realise the implication of things.

Switch to the present, your adult life gives you more power. Right! To change who you are, to change the environment that you live in. You can now choose to make changes for the better. The question is how?

Living in the past is not the way and that is a view I am sure you'll agree with. The first step is to look for positive aspects of your life. This will drive away all the negativities that surround you.

The best way to manage your life today is to ask yourself how you can bring about change. How can you make the best of your life? What is it that you want out of life? Now, you are better prepared to craft your own future. Dream big and work towards fulfilling those dreams. There is a difference between 'castles in the air' and 'aspirations'. Aspire, and work towards your goals. You are intelligent and you have age by your side. All you need is the will to prove to yourself that you are capable of overcoming challenges and fighting the odds. When you make that decision you'll be more focused and more energised. Don't lose perspective of things. Live your life wisely. Make the right decisions and choices, even if they seem the most difficult of things to do. Everyone does not have things given to them on a platter, some of us make our own platter and adorn it the way we want to.

Learn to survive for you are stronger than everything else that troubles you.

Underestimate me...that'll be fun!

• Sign In to post your comments