You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Have you filled up the Income Tax return? Last date is approaching!(Updated)

The last date is fast approaching. There is no doubt that on 31st July, 2017, there will be excessive load on the Income Tax website. Why? Because that is the last date of filling up of Income Tax return for the FY 2016-17 (Assessment Year 2017-18). So, I would suggest you to go to the website (www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in), fill up the appropriate ITR (most of us fill up ITR-I) and upload it at the earliest. The site has become more user-friendly during the current Assessment Year. Don't wait for the last day to fill up the return.

In this connection, I would like to inform that this year ITR-V form can be sent online to the Income Tax authorities. However, offline mode is also continuing. So, you can send the ITR-V form either online or offline (to Bengaluru).

Fill up the appropriate ITR, send ITR-V as early as possible (although it can be sent within 120 days of uploading appropriate ITR) and enjoy mental peace.

Update- The last date for filing ITR has been extended to August 05.
    Thank you for the alert message to file income tax return on or before 31 August 2017. Just two days (29&30) left for us to file the return. I have tried to file my e-income tax return online through the government site, but I failed. I filed it through the site 'Cleartax' successfully. I fed all the information from my form 16 with additional details for tax exemption etc. I was informed that I need not send form ITR V to Bengaluru. Last year I used the same site successfully, but I was asked to send a copy of ITR V generated by Cleartax through post to Bengaluru.
    No life without Sun ¤

I have posted my above response #604394 yesterday at 2345 hrs. Till now (0900 hrs today)It did not go up on the thread index, and no response number (1) was reflected. To test it, I am adding this response to see what happens. Now it should show (2). Otherwise there is a bug in this thread. I will update if the thread goes up on the index.

Update: Yes. This thread has gone up on the index now. There was a temporary bug for about 9 hrs.

Members, Please file your IT returns in time. Please ensure that your return matches with the income shown on Form 26AS by your employer.

No life without Sun ¤

I don't know why there is so much problem with my Forum posts!

However, coming to the issue raised by Mr. Sun, to send ITR-V online, there are some conditions like linking AADHAR with PAN card, updated address in AADHAR, digital signature, etc. May be Cleartax doesn't have complete information about your AADHAR and PAN card. So, the site has advised you to send the ITR-V manually to the Income Tax office at Bengaluru.

Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

At the time of filing your IT Returns, you can choose to receive an OTP on your registered phone number (registered to your Aadhar). In such case, you will need to provide the OTP after you have filed the IT Returns. There is also an option of signing the physical copy of the ITR V in which case the signed hard copy has to be mailed to the Bengaluru office of the IT Department.

Underestimate me...that'll be fun!

Partha,
    I have linked my Aadhar with my Pan very recently. Cleartax takes down all the information required leaving nothing behind. I believe in cleartax. The site is worth to submit our IT returns.

No life without Sun ¤

I have completed the formalities of submitting income tax returns. I have e verified the returns also through OTP from aadhar card. But after completing the work, another tds information has come. Then again I have revised the returns on line and completed the entire process again using otp from aadhar to my cell. By yesterday evening I have completed the total work of submitting my income tax returns.
    drrao
    always confident

A nice reminder for this important and statutory work. Generally due to various reasons this date is sometimes extended but this year so far there is no sign of such extension.

It is better to fill it in time otherwise last day as already told by members the rush will be there and chances of server slowdown can not be ruled out.

Anyway thanks for the timely and detailed information.

Knowledge is power.

I filed my IT return yesterday evening. The filing process was so easy and convenient this time. The final output ITR also was very user friendly. Of course I had done some spade work and kept data ready. (For last many years since online filing started, I am filing returns online only). I prepared the data and worksheet in the same sequence as required by the ITR format. So it was just filling up or confirming. There was one small difference with 26AS TDS amount. The same I added up. It became perfect and I uploaded the return.
    I chose to take the physical ITR-V verification and have kept the duly signed ITR-V in an envelope ready to be posted by Speed Post. I could no make it today, and may send it on Monday.

There is no need to send the ITR copy to Bengaluru office if one uses digital signatures. Digital Signatures can be had for as low as 800 INR with a validity of two years.

The same digital signatures are mandatory for filing GST returns.

When you talk, you are only repeating what you already know. But if you listen, you may learn something new!

An important update: The last date of filing IT return has been extended upto 5th August, 2017. So, Members who have not yet filed their return, must not miss this opportunity.
    Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

• Sign In to post your comments