You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Requests

Profile picture request

Hello Respective Friends,

Can i upload any picture as my profile picture or i will have to add my real picture as a profile picture in India Study Channel's Site

Please reply me I want to upload my profile picture
    A real picture please. Because this is a highly moderated and formal discussion group. And make sure your face looks clear.
    The stronger a light shines the darker are the shadows around it.

Do not post pictures of any objects or any vulgar photos. If you want to post your profile pic, then it would be better if you post your real pic and a latest one at that. Otherwise do not post any pic at all.
    When you talk, you are only repeating what you already know. But if you listen, you may learn something new!

Thanku so much friends for giving me answer.

Dev Kumar warm welcome to this site and in this regard it is better to upload your own original photo as the profile image so that it is useful in many ways. As and when you share the contents here, your profile picture can also be seen and we can also identify you with ease. Moreover this is a education site and not a social media. Everything is discussed with serious mode and the out come is definite. Sharing the original photo also benefit you in other way too.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Profile pictures are our photos only. We can't upload somebody else's photo also.
    drrao
    always confident

Dev Kumar,

Some of the responses here are providing incorrect guidance. These are incorrect:
    (a) You can post a picture of anybody (response #604483 by Gypsy)
    (b) You are eligible for the Google adsense in future and the approval to your application is done only on seeing the original photo shared by you. (response #604496 by K Mohan)
    (c) You can use any other photos as your profile pic. It is mandatory. (response #604519 by Dr. N.V. Srinivasa Rao)

- I have removed those statements from the responses because:
    (a) You cannot post a picture of "anybody". Please refer to the guidelines: Profile photo guidelines
    (b) Google Adsense application is not dependent only on seeing the profile photo! There are other aspects to it. The guidelines clearly state "Adding photo is not a requirement from Google, but it will create a good impression when reviewers look at your profile.". Refer: How to get AdSense applications approved
    (c) It is not at all mandatory to put a photo. Refer to links given to the guidelines.

A relatedresource: How to create a good profile page at ISC before applying for AdSense

When people come at you with their worst, you should come at them with your best (advice given to Selena Gomez by her mother, quoted in Time magazine.)

Thanku so so much vandana for your valuable comment and guidance to me in this topic.

Dev Kumar,
    You can also upload your family photo in which you appear. It will not be objected by ISC or Google. You & your good lady. You and your son. You and your good daughter. You and your good wife. Whatever may the photograph, you should be in it.

No life without Sun

Thanku so much sun for your valuable reply.

Vandana,

I do not think I provided any wrong information. Of course the guidelines say that one cannot & should not post someone else's photo. But this particular guideline is just illogical & impractical.

The guideline does not have any value at all. Does anybody from the team verify or have the means to verify whether the profile pic posted is genuine or not? It could be just another pic lifted from anywhere.

A member may be 58 year old, and he may post a pic when he went for his first interview in life, say some 30 years back. I think a member did that once and nobody objected to that.

Even yours truly posted a profile pic once which was not his own. Nobody objected to that either. Suppose, I decide to upload my profile pic today and post a pic of my cousin, how would one verify whether the uploaded pic is really mine? Beats me.

One may counter that it can be verified from social media. Well what if I do not have a social media account? How is one going to verify the genuineness of my pic?

There can be another situation - suppose I create a new account at ISC by the name of Sweety and post a pic of any female other than a celebrity. Since I am not interested in an Adsense account, I provide a fake address too. So, how is the team going to verify whether my profile pic and my address is genuine or not? I think we already have one such member at ISC.

Please do enlighten me, I will be highly obliged!

When you talk, you are only repeating what you already know. But if you listen, you may learn something new!

Gypsy,

"But this particular guideline is just illogical & impractical. The guideline does not have any value at all."
    - That may be your view and you are entitled to have your views.

"Suppose I create a new account at ISC by the name of Sweety and post a pic of any female other than a celebrity."
    - Well, you want to change your persona and do absurd things, that also is entirely your call.

As an editor, I have to point out the guidelines to members, especially somebody who is new. That's what I did. I would not like any member to post "anybody's photo" and thus create for himself/herself further problems down the line, let's say for AdSense - if by chance the Google team does decide to make some checks and finds a photo not matching the members' G+ profile. Isn't it better that the guideline is explained now than when it is too late?

When people come at you with their worst, you should come at them with your best (advice given to Selena Gomez by her mother, quoted in Time magazine.)

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.