You must Sign In to post a response.
(This thread is the Special Prize Winner of the TOW contest for the week 30th July – 5th August 2017 on topic - 'Heaven/ly' )
  • Category: Miscellaneous

The heaven within my reach

The number of times I experienced 'heaven on earth' can best be described as innumerable. If I begin counting my 'heaven on earth' experiences, I will probably not know when to stop, because each momentous occasion would qualify and my list would grow longer by the second.

I am sure you have had your share of heavenly experiences too. And like you and me, there are an infinite number people who will have their share of their heavenly stories.

• Getting married – heavenly
    • Securing admission in a top university – heavenly
    • Getting a job – heavenly
    • Driving your new car – heavenly
    • Seeing the pride in your parent's eyes – heavenly
    • The birth of your child – heavenly
    • The taste of mother's food – heavenly… I could go on…

And yet, is it not odd that none has ever seen heaven! We just term everything that gives us joy, as heavenly. Each of us has a different image of our heavens. A heaven within our reach.

So, when I eventually die and go to heaven, what will the real heaven be like? Will it taste like mother's food or feel warm and cuddly like my new-born? Will it be like lying in mama's lap or smell like a freshly baked Plum Cake? Will it be like the heaven that I call home? Will it be the heaven that I know so well…And finally, the big question - will this heaven be within my reach?

My entry for the TOW - Heaven(ly)
    Very nicely presented thread. It is true that everybody will have many incidents which make them to feel heavenly. Heaven is a creation of man. No living body has seen either hell or heaven. It is customary to think that if we do all good works we will be going to heaven otherwise hell. So whenever you are happy you can think your in heaven. Nice narration.
    drrao
    always confident

Sadly, I don't believe in afterlife. I don't believe in heaven and hell either. I think we all live only once. We all die only once too.
    I love the way you related those happiest moments of your life to heaven.
    And your presentation is so well that I'm pretty assured that you will be the owner of first place in the contest.

The stronger a light shines the darker are the shadows around it.

From the author's narration it is quite clear that we can find the heaven even in small and definite achievements of our life and that gives the greater satisfaction being the successor.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Yes, although we have not experienced heaven, we associate everything good with heaven. This is really astonishing.
    Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

When we feel happy, laugh and smile, we are in the heaven. When we cry or mumble or murmur or feel frustrated, we are in the hell. Heaven and hell are nowhere but on the earth where we live. We see the hell and heaven alternatively.
    Juana has brought out a good thread that gives me a heavenly feeling. While at ISC, we all have the heavenly feeling only.

No life without Sun ¤

An excellent piece of prose by the author depicting the heavan in such a lucid way. Interesting and flowing narration.
    The entries for the contest are pouring in and really amazed to see the authors conceptualization of the subject.
    All the best.

Thoughts exchanged is knowledge gained.

• Sign In to post your comments