You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Do people pay attention to Traffic sign boards?

If you are the rider of a two wheeler vehicle or four wheelers vehicle there are many traffic sign boards present in two ends of the roads they are like the speed limit, narrow turn, information on repairing the roads, road blocks, Danger signs pits or deep excavation, Kilometers to travel e.t.c.As a driver or rider of vehicles do you really pay attention to all these things when you are driving a vehicle?Knowledgeable members, please respond to the question.
    The construction work for Metro rail has been going on in full swing where I presently live. So, on the rare occasions when I drive, I have to pay full atention to the directions given. It is absolutely necessary to follow these rules for our own safety, particularly in Delhi, where some of the drivers believe in rash driving.
    Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

In my city, these signs are barely visible. They are either hidden behind billboards that are put up on lampposts that dot the medians of long stretches of roads or get concealed behind plants meant to beautify the city. There is also too much traffic on the road. When I am driving bumper to bumper, it is difficult to see the traffic signs on display. I am surrounded by vehicles and they are the only things that I can see.

Further, on the rare occasion that I hit upon a stretch of road that has relatively less traffic, I have to be alert to avoid all the other stuff that is not meant to be on the road. Pedestrians who prefer to run in my path rather than take the foot overbridge, cattle, dogs, improvised barricades put up by traffic police (including big, used oil drums), people driving on the wrong-side, people cutting across the road (jumping traffic signals) when it is not their signal, pot holes and unmarked speed-breakers. My eyes and mind are focused on everything possible, but the traffic-signs that are there, perhaps, for my convenience.

"A love affair with knowledge will never end in heartbreak" - Michael Garrett Marino

In my knowledge very few people are paying attention to traffic signs. Police deptt is collecting huge amounts from wrong parking and other traffic offenses.
    I think people do not take it seriously as they think that they will pay fine if they are caught otherwise take a chance.
    This is really becoming a big concern that how to train the public to obey the traffic rules and regulations.

Thoughts exchanged is knowledge gained.

I am the ardent traffic rule follower and hence watch for the sign boards and information kept here and there. In Hyderabad the Metro work is going on and due to which certain roads become narrow and we have to take compulsory left. Like wise many medians on the roads are closed and one has to take U turn from long course.. And those who are coming from the lane must stop the vehicle before entering the main road but invariably I have seen that people take sharp left turn and not seeing for the on coming traffic from right on the main road. And giving regard to pedestrian is very important.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

In my knowledge very few people are paying attention to traffic signs. Police deptt is collecting huge amounts from wrong parking and other traffic offenses.
    I think people do not take it seriously as they think that they will pay fine if they are caught otherwise take a chance.
    This is really becoming a big concern that how to train the public to obey the traffic rules and regulations.

Thoughts exchanged is knowledge gained.

In cities like Hyderabad man don't follow traffic signals Even. Who will care for traffic boards. But any responsible person should follow the traffic rules in their true spirit. Then number of accidents will definitely come down and collection to government and police will also come down. If you see the traffic in bombay definitely you feel happy. They follow lane discipline 100% without any deviation. So traffic will move fast there. I always drive very cautiously by following all traffic rules. I never allow my driver and my sons to deviate from traffic rules.
    Traffic rules are easily broken by mainly young people who are always in a hurry.

drrao
    always confident

There are all types of people in this world. Some are law abiding and obedient while others violate them. Many people follow traffic rules and drive as per the speed limits. They are very particular and park their vehicles at the allocated place.

On the other hand there are people who violate rules and pay fine but do not correct their ways and blame Govt and police deptt for all traffic problems.

These people are required to be tackled in stern and tough ways. Simple penality will not be sufficient to bring them in the path of good citizens. Tougher punishments are required to correct them.

Knowledge is power.

Instead of asking the question as "Do people pay attention to traffic sign boards', if you ask "Do you pay attention to traffic sign boards, I would say a big YES. Yes. I sincerely follow the traffic sign boards. Till date, I never landed into problems. I don't exceed the speed limits in the city. However, I drive/ride at higher speed on highways, but very carefully.
    No life without Sun

Yes I do pay attention when driving. Very good discussion forum by the author. But most of the drivers never pay attention and even if they know they don't bother. Why I am mentioning this because I find most of riders come in one way and if anything happens . They blame us only. But I always watch sign boards and traffic rules very strictly. Even my riding in two wheeler will not exceed 35 -40. Even four wheeler I ride at a moderate speed 1,e in market road 2 gear and a bit no busy road 3rd gear. I never break the rules while driving.

• Sign In to post your comments