You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Heavenly City, the Ultimate Destination of Life

We all hear and wonder about Heaven. We may wonder and imagine what it would be, and some simply reject the possibility as a figment of imagination. And some others have a hope to reach there but think they do not deserve it; and yet others persuade themselves that they are worthy of full access.

Any ecstatic feeling can be described as heavenly, and there are many aspects to this – feeling loved, scratching an itch (yes, you read it correct), achieving a difficult goal, passing exams with good grades you didn't deserve, etc.

There is also a place called Heaven, which is described as a city.
    • Its shape is as a square based pyramid, about 2400 km square. The height of the city also about 2400 km.
    • This city and its streets are made of pure gold, like clear, transparent gold.
    • The city is bounded by a wall 216 feet high that goes around the four sides. The walls are made of 12 layers of different precious stones, each layer about 18 feet thick. Jasper, sapphire, chalcedony, emerald, sardonyx, sardius, chrysolite, beryl, topaz, chrysoprasus, jacinth, and amethyst: these 12 layers of precious stones being 18 feet thick and 9600 km long.
    • There are 12 gates, 3 on each side; each gate being made of a single huge pearl.
    • The gates are always open all day, and there is no night.
    • There is no temple or religious structure within the city; nor the need for the sun or moon – the God Almighty being the temple and light.
    • There is a river of the water of life flowing within the city.

The above description is taken from the last 2 chapters of the Bible, Book of Revelations 21 & 22. Jesus said he goes before us to prepare a place for us. Now I know he is one good carpenter and would not fix up his works with crumbling bricks or leaky pipes.

Thinking of this fantastically wonderful and freely accessible city of such value, it makes me ridiculous to stash up wealth on earth, and gold, it is like trying to carry a piece of pavement from earth life to that place!

I'd love to go there and when my time is ended on earth I will surely be there. Not that I am a good person and ticked all the qualifications to become perfect, but all my X marks having been forgiven by Jesus Christ. It is the same for every human being, and there is no requirement except a simple acceptance of Jesus' dying for the forgiveness of our sins and wrongdoing.

There is a lot more to be found about this city – while there is some info about the ground level, there doesn't seem to be the info about what is there in the space above the base level. Maybe those mansions promised are placed in layers above within the pyramid? Robes of light for clothing? Pets in heaven?
    The mention of heavenly city was breathtaking as one cannot enter just like that nor leave the wonderful place for any reason. The author made different kind of contribution.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

A nice contribution from the author. The author described heavenly city in a beautiful manner. Good contribution. I never know that there is a description about a heavenly city in bible. Nice to know..
    drrao
    always confident

• Sign In to post your comments