You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Lunar eclipse on seventh August 2017

This August month we are facing an eclipse on eighth.

The starting time of eclips is 22.52 (ie)10.52 pm

The relieving time starts by 11.50 pm

Complete relieving is by 00.48 am

As this falls on Monday this is called as Choodamani Grahana

It is advised by elders (many doctors also confirmed) the pregnant women should avoid coming our (in the open air) during the period of Grahana

Though it is seems to be ridiculous to many, it is better to follow,according to me, rather cursing ourselves later.
    Thanks for your information. We also follow all the points mentioned by the elders in respect to this grahanam. In the afternoon only myself , my wife and my son discussed the same thing. We also discussed various other points to be followed during this eclipse.
    drrao
    always confident

Yes on monday we are also having Yajur Upakarma, that means renewal of sacred threads worn by the Brahmins. The same late in the evening lunar eclipse is going to occur and that will last till the next day wee hours. People are advised not to eat after 4 pm on Monday and those who have lost their father or parents, they have to do Tharpanam after 11.30 pm on Monday. Then the next morning after having bath only one has to start the cooking activity for the next day. It is better not to venture out during eclipse and having a long drive after 8 pm to 12 am on monday should be totally avoided.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

• Sign In to post your comments