Rain, heavenly rain, like a blessing
    Pitter-pattering into our lives
    Drenching Mother Earth
    Quenching its thirst - satiating it

Rain, not so pleasant
    When the waters don't recede
    With dampness, mould and odours setting in
    It's no longer a treat

I love the rainy weather but can do without the problems that come with it. I love the season for a number of reasons, but mostly because of the visual delights that it brings.

I love watching -
    • threatening, dark clouds moving in
    • clouds racing with each other
    • lightening dancing in the sky
    • raindrops falling into a puddle
    • raindrops racing on the windowpanes
    • rain falling in the distant horizon
    • the rainbow
    • the fresh greenery after a good downpour
    • watching birds, with fluffed feather, perched on a window ledge
    • walking in the rain

I enjoy –
    • drinking a hot cup of coffee with hot onion pakoras or chilli bhaji
    • eating soup with freshly prepared garlic bread

What is it that you like about rain? What is it that you can do without?
    I always like rain because a timely rain will help the farmer to grow the crop properly and gives good yields. We all will have no problem for food grains and vegetables. I like watching a good rain from the window of my bedroom while eating hot snacks made by my wife. I used to play in showring by making paper boats and seeing them floating on the stagnated water during my childhood.
    I feel very happy to see a rainbow in the sky.. I am very happy if it is raining adequately so that we don't have water shortage for next one year,
    But I hate travelling om Hyderabad streets when there is even a moderate rain also. All the roads are full of water and We don't know where are the open manholes and heavy traffic jams and will get frustrated by the time we reach home.

drrao
    always confident

I like sleeping inside in my blanket during heavy rains. It seems like the outside world is dangerous and you are well protected inside. It feels so good hearing to the sound of rain drops falling. I love to see rain falling on the roofs of houses.
    Don't sweat the small stuff and it's all small stuff.

The rainy season always makes me nostalgic. It reminds me of the few days I had spent in the small village of my grandparents.

The torrential rain falling on the tree leaves washing their dirt and dust; the rain-drops creating a chattering music on the little pond just behind the house; walking on the muddy roads of the village along with cousins and friends; the busy farmers sowing paddy on their fields and of course, the snakes and scorpions in abundance.

I can still remember the scolding of my dear grandmother which showed more concern for our health than anger and the innocent chuckling of my grandfather who always tried to save us from grandma's wrath.

And yes, I can also not forget the Muri (puffed rice) together with ground coconut and the loving touch of aunt.

Those were the days that would never return!

Well talking about rain. I do not like consistent rain which hamper our daily movement outside and we cannot attend to our basic needs. Rain is the must for the man kind and having ecological balance, but the rain must start late in the evening and may continue whole night, which wont be a disturbance to many. What irks me that the rain starts at early morning and continues the whole day. Just think about the daily wage earner who depends on his work and worship on daily basis. If it rains, his work is hampered and the wage is cut for that day. That means rains bring more sorrow to the poor.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

There's smell of moisture in the air
    Dark clouds muffle the breath of the Sun
    Small birds and animals must take care
    Of themselves and their young ones
    There's no safe place to stay
    Wherever you go
    Water finds it's way
    Leaves rattle
    Huts shambled
    Glimmer and shimmer of
    Lightening and thunder
    Peace and harmony tore asunder
    Rain water fills every orifice and crack
    No one survives nature's attack

The stronger a light shines the darker are the shadows around it.

Rainy season is the unique annual treat for us. It brings the coolness with its wings wiping out the sweat on foreheads.

It is a break from hot and arid sun lancing its strong and penetrating rays on earth. The evenings start being pleasant and nights are comfortable day by day welcoming the next season which is winter.

I like rains and going out with umbrella in drizzling really enjoyable. The tiny drops slantly falling on cheeks and chin are real gems.

I like rains as a time to rejoice and time to find out hidden joys.

Knowledge is power.

Especial hats-off appreciations are not at all required to the kind of poetic expressions of the author about the rain. It's a god-gift to the author for having inherited skills of ways of expression.

So many members, so many thoughts to be so special for a rainy day. But many parts of the world, even many regions of our country are in reconnaissance of the drops of a small rain. They would be much delighted, if the expression becomes real.

I would definitely enjoy the rainy atmosphere as long as it is not disturbed to the daily routine. Yeah, but surely I won't ask to assign timings to the fall of rain. We can't imagine the world without rain and as we all know it is very much required for natural balances.

There's smell of moisture in the air
    Dark clouds muffle the breath of the Sun
    Small birds and animals must take care
    Of themselves and their young ones
    There's no safe place to stay
    Wherever you go
    Water finds it's way
    Leaves rattle
    Huts shambled
    Glimmer and shimmer of
    Lightening and thunder
    Peace and harmony tore asunder
    Rain water fills every orifice and crack
    No one survives nature's attack

The stronger a light shines the darker are the shadows around it.

• Sign In to post your comments