You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

I Won’t Let You Go!

Recently I went to visit my grandparents and stayed with them for some days. It was a big joint family consisting of my grandparents, uncles, aunts and cousins. Ours being a nuclear family, I had never before had felt the charm of living in a joint family.

The routine I had there was completely different from the one I was used to in our own house. Getting up early in the morning, plucking flowers from the garden and making garlands for the family deity and then going to the cow-shed with grandpa when he milked the cows. Everything was like a dream.

The white cow had given birth to a calf only a few days ago. The mother cow was not ready to allow anybody to go near her calf. But she never showed any displeasure when I patted the calf. They had become too fond of me, I don't know how. I named the calf, Yamuna.

The few days I spent there passed soon and at last, the day of my departure arrived. The bullock-cart was ready at the door. I took leave of everyone and then went to the cow-shed to meet Yamuna and her mother.

When I was coming out after patting them on the head, Yamuna came running and blocked my way. Probably, she had understood that she would no more get that affectionate pat every morning and evening. She gently tried to push me inside, as if saying 'I won't let you go!'

Everybody was stunned and I could not control my tears. Giving a last look at them I came out and sat on the cart.
    Foolish are those who think love and affection are only restricted to humans. Animals are very capable of knowing and showing love. What you experienced was one of the truest and purest forms of love.
    The stronger a light shines the darker are the shadows around it.

Animals are more affectionate than many human beings. They show lot of love towards the people who are very kind to the. They never forget the love shown by the human beings towards them, unlike human beings. Once you see that they are safe, they will be very much loyal to them.
    The beauty of combined families is a delight and many young people of these days don't know the caring they have among each other in the family. Good thread.

drrao
    always confident

"Duare prostut gari, bela dwiprahar,
    Hemanter roudra crome hotechhe prokhor;
    Jonoshunno pallipathe dhuli ure jai,
    Modhyahno batase.
    Snigdho ashathher chhay,
    Klanto briddha bhikarini ghumaye porechhe."

(Jete nahi dibo-Rabindranath Thakur)

In the poem, the great poet talked about the little daughter of the narrator. In the present thread, the author has mentioned about the new-born calf. A real good story.

Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

A touching story. Being an animal lover I can understand the feelings in the incidence. Animals know the loving touch and do not forgot those who love and care for them.
    Those who keep pets very well know that they become like family members and their death is as shocking as that of a family person.

Thoughts exchanged is knowledge gained.

Animals can easily understand the love and affection showed to them. Even animals will get attached to humans. This itself shows even animals have feelings and emotions. Even they will be wanting love and care from us. You are really lucky to experience the attachment the calf has one you.

This is one more testimony of how the animals do have the love and affection more than the human being. Animals are like small children, they know who is showing true love and affection towards them and they reciprocate with same degree. Moreover when we go to the changed environment, our mind becomes free and soothing which makes her to shower praise and be kind to others. Probably that was happened in your case the the calf Yamuna has become more friendly and wont let you go. And by the way parting is the most challenging situation in every one life and from this post once more proves that even animals feels the parting ways.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Animals are better than human beings. They know what is love , affection , care, gratitude, faithfulness and help. A good real life incident story from you.
    No life without Sun

I always like reading Tagore's poems and yes, after reading your thread I also found a great similarity between that poem and my story.
    However, since the poem is in Bengali, most of the members might not be able to understand its meaning.
    I would appreciate if you kindly interpret it in simple English so that everybody can get the essence of that famous poem of the great poet.

I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep.

• Sign In to post your comments