You must Sign In to post a response.
This thread has won a Special Prize in the TOW contest for the week 06th to 12th Aug '17.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Think twice before you take any decision.

We all take many decisions day in and day out regarding various matters in our life. These decisions sometimes affect us and sometimes will not have much effect in our life. All depends on the decision we take. Sometimes we may be taking some decisions in a hurry without thinking properly and in haste. These decision sometimes will give an outcome which you might not have anticipated. They may affect us severely also. These effects can't be reversed also. So we should be very careful while taking decisions. We should have a holistic approach in thinking and finalizing the further course of action.
    By telling this I am not saying to delay the decision. Take the decision in time with a good understanding of the situation and thorough thinking of the consequences.
    I hope learned members of this forum will be in agreement with me in this matter.
    It is always good to take decision thinking twice and deciding finally. But there are people who wont take decision and keep on delaying for no reason and to the annoyance of others. If one does not have the guts to take decision, then it is not possible to live in this world with hoping on advise from others and that too with timely sense. What I have learned from the life that we have to take quick decision and that must be fully covered with our own responsibility. Then those are the followers and fans of us would certainly support us. But only till we achieve the success at first attempt.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

However learned or knowledgeable we are decision making is one thing where our real strength is tested.

One must deeply ponder over and meditate before taking decisions. There are many decisions where there is no 'undo'. So thoughtful and conscious decisions are required to be taken after careful examinations of pros and cons.

Specially the people who are at the helms of the affairs of family or organization or nation have a great responsibility of taking decisions as their decisions will not only affect their life but others who are looking up to them.

Knowledge is power.

So far as decision-making is concerned, the following small quote of Grantland Rice says everything: "A wise man makes his own decisions, an ignorant man follows the public opinion". We must take our own decision, stick to it and learn from mistake, if any.
    Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

Talking about own decision and public opinion, one has to listen to the sayings of others lest they get annoyed and think that you are over confident and adamant but take your own decision.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.