You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Amit Shah mission failed in Gujarat Rajya Sabha elections?

With high drama and lot of high tension the Election Commission has announced the winning of Congress candidate Mr.Ahmed Patel to Rajya Sabha. Mr.Amit Shah sketched a meticulous plan for a humiliating defeat for Mr. Patel. To avert this situation and to save their MLA's Congress had to run camps for them outside Gujarat. At the last minute two Congress MLA's voted for BJP and showed their votes to BJP which made these votes invalid. Due to correct decision taken by the EC, Congress was able to avert the situation. Folks, do you see the same dirty politics in the misadventure of Mr.Amit Shah in Gujarat RS election ?
    Its not fail win and lost will be everywhere if its fight even one seat lost and 2 win so its already in winning position. You may happy for one seat anyway BJP will replace Congress fully and in future there will be only BJP for some years. Its truth we have to accept it.
    Santosh Kumar Singh
    (Sr. Microsoft Dynamics Axapta Technical,Mumbai)

It's not a people democracy it is a media democracy two times Congress led UPA two times BJP led NDA(2019). People are banana's in the political game. Media are brokers in this political game.
    A blunt knife or rusted knife can't be useful for anything just for the sake we call it as the knife similar to PayTM series or Sachin or Virat records.

Yes. Mr.Amit Shah tried to get some votes from congress MLAs. Congress also carefully planned and taken them all to a resort in Karnataka so that no MLA will go away from their side. Ultimately two MLAs from congress cross voted. But Election Commission made those two votes in valid. Congress won. It is thorn for thorn game. Both sides are playing fowl.
    Anyhow this is politics. In politics anything can happen anytime. We can't predict. But only we are spectators. we can choose best among the worst if not best of the best. More than that nothing possible.

drrao
    always confident

This is all dirty politics and their game plan. According to me whoever win's nobody bother's about the people in their state. Only during election they do good canvasing then they don't bother about common people. For us to live we have to earn and do hard work. They know only to take off our money and enjoy. I just hate politicians. In Karnataka not a single politicians is faithful and trust worthy.

I think if this election had conducted through EVM, BJP would have won the election.
    It is really a dirty politics in India. To whom can we believe. The members of lok sabha and rajya sabha changes the party as we change our clothes. Is this politics? No, its totally selfish, nothing for the people of India and for the country.

Honesty is the best policy.

The BJP led by Sri Amit Shah did try all the tricks to ensure the defeat of Sri Ahmed Patel in the Gujarat election to the Rajya Sabha. But, keeping the position of Mr Patel within the Congress party and also in the national scene, it was almost a do or die situation for the party and they managed to get him across to the Upper House of the Parliament. It was more so important because of the forthcoming elections in Gujarat.

Amit Shah, as I had told earlier also, is a very shrewd and able event manager and he can go to any extent to do something for BJP as it's President. He can stage manage and manipulate very well. But his hope to see Mr Patel was defeated. It would be nice if the Congress can maintain the same spirit so that the party regains its losing base.

"To be proud of knowledge is to be blind with light" - Benjamin Franklin

As per the strength of BJP and Congress in Gujarat Assembly, two BJP candidates, viz., Amit Shah and Smriti Irani, were supposed to get 46 votes each and Ahmed Patel of Congress was supposed get 51 votes. Now the result has been declared. Both Amit Shah and Smriti Irani have got 46 votes each. Ahmed Patel reeceived 44 votes instead of 51. Two votes were disqualified due to technical problems. All of us know what happened at Bengaluru resort. I am really astonished how can people say "Amit Shah mission failed"?

Even a person who has no knowledge about the dirty game played at Bengaluru resort, can understand from the result that Congress has got 7 less votes than expected. That means 7 MLAs out of 51 of Congress disobeyed party whip and revolted against their party leadership. Is it a matter of elation?

Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

A blunt knife or rusted knife can't be useful for anything just for the sake we call it as the knife similar to PayTM series or Sachin or Virat records.

This episode has clearly shown the dark side of politics. People changing their solidarity for political gains. These people have no sense of national pride and they are simply working for their selfish motives.

It is unfortunate that they are the carriers of democracy and secularism.

Knowledge is power.

Now let us go into some details. Two rebel MLAs of Congress (who put the stamp in favour of BJP candidate) , displayed their stamped ballot papers to the Chief Whip of Congress as well as the to the Chief Whip of BJP. As per rule, an MLA of a party can show his/her stamped ballot paper to the Chief Whip of his/her own party, but not to anybody from any other party. Because of this technicality, these two votes were discontinued and Ahmed Patel managed to win by a whisker. If the two votes were not disallowed, then Ahmed Patel had to bite the dust.

This is just like a sniper firing at a specific target with his sniper rifle. The target is saved from sure death because at the last moment a mosquite bites the sniper's finger and the target is saved by fraction of a milimeter.

Well I do not think it is the setback or image tarnished for Amit Shah, but certainly he has learned a bitter lesson on how to manage other party leaders out of his own state. No doubt he is a great strategist for MLA and MP election but seems not familiar with RS election.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

The victory may be said to be due to a technical mistake by the two rebel congress MLAs. But then how did it happen when the whole show was planned and directed by Amit Shah, the so called master of this craft in present day Indian politics? And what about one BJP MLA and a JDU MLA who voted for Ahmed Patel? The election of Ahmed Patel to the Rajya Sabha, let me say, is a personal defeat for Amit Shah due to political reasons also.
    "To be proud of knowledge is to be blind with light" - Benjamin Franklin

Happy to see BJP's dirty politics got failed. Now I will be be tagged as anti Indian.
    Thanks,
    Suresh.

Suresh Kumar every citizen has the reason to criticize the politician for their over indulgence in any kind of malpractice and this amount to same. Trying for a seat is not bad, but going overboard and using horse trading tactic has been drawn from the previous lessons of Congress party. BJP has been desperate to enhance the party position in RS and even one seat addition would mean more to them. But for Congress also they have to learn a bitter lesson on how to keep their MLA's in tact. If they have not transferred to Karnataka, the BJP would have succeeded in their endeavor.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Mr. Suresh Kumar: Do you know about the gala atmosphere in the grand resort near Bengaluru where the arrested (sorry, not arrested-they went for a trip) Congress MLAs lived for a few days? Do you want a detailed description? That is real clean politics! And what about the owner of the resort? Need further elaboration?

The present case reminds me of the 'Duels' in the old times in Europe. Two antagonists are to engage in firing at each other and the one who survives is declared winner and right. Had the BJP won then all would have praised Amit Shah as the super strategist.

In fact I am not surprised at all , because I did not see anything different from what we were seeing all these years. In political drama, the story enacted is same, but only the stage and actors get changed. That is what happened now also.

Had the two MLAs not exposed themselves, the the result would have been different and instead of this thread probably everyone would have praised Amit Shah as great strategist of the decade.

However,what I am worried is the attitude of people. Very sadly, we are all coming to a stage where we justify or criticise the means based on the results and our own bias to the results. Even the dirtiest means is accepted as right and proper and applauded, if the result favours us.

In the present case, both sides have resorted to tactics and trading. For the time being luck favoured the Congress,(which actually it was deserving otherwise also, had the unwelcome drama not started by Amit Shah.

(The climax is very aptly described by Partha Kansabanik with his sniper and rifle example).

Personally I feel that BJP need not have made such a hullaballah regarding one seat for Rajya Sabha. This drama has brought a bitter taste in the mouth of impartial well wishers of BJP. It was expected of Congress, but BJP was seen in a different way by many who reposed faith on the party. So for the time being 'past masters' could score over the 'new practitioners of the trade'.

Instead of resorting to such age old stereotype tricks, let the NDA and BJP work at grassroots level and do some real good things for people and the nation. That only will get them the true stable support.

Of all the responses posted by various members I would like to appreciate the impartial comments passed on the issue by Mr. Venkateswarian.

• Sign In to post your comments