You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Happy Independence Day! Let us pay our respects to the freedom fighters.

Today we are celebrating the 71st Independence Day. The freedom for our country from the British was a long drawn struggle. Millions of Indians under the leadership of Gandhiji, Jawaharlal Nehru and many other prominent leaders made it possible for us to live in an independent India. It is our duty to remember the sacrifices of millions of unsung heroes who lost their lives during the struggle for the independence of our country. Let us all pay our respects to all those unsung heroes.
    I congratulate the citizens of this great country on the auspicious occasion of the Independence Day. We must be ready to make every sacrifice to protect this precious independence from external enemies and also from internal enemies.

I express my deep gratitude to the innumerable freedom fighters of the country, known and unknown, who dedicated their lives for the freedom of the country. We must not forget their precious role in wresting the freedom of the country.

I also congratulate the people of Democratic Republic of Korea on the occasion of their Independence Day.

Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

The value of freedom is only recognised when one is under some foreign authority and is restricted to live, work and remain witin a cage type life.
    Freedom is the most important aspect and those who have struggled to get it are praise worthy and today is the opportune time to show our respect and thanks to those personalities.

Thoughts exchanged is knowledge gained.

We are greatly indebted to all those who fought for freedom and it is our first duty to remember them for their brave heart and who stood against the mighty Britishers and yet achieved the Independence through non violence movement. Mallu Swarajyam, was among those thousands of freedom fighters who stood in front just on the call of Mahatma Gandhi to fight for freedom. In those days there were no transport nor communication to reach the spot of protests. Yet they managed to mingle and span out in groups to reach the venue by walking through short cuts and forests and thus Britishers were taken back by the tactic of every freedom fighter who have dedicated their lives for the cause of the nation. Alluru Seetharama Raju was one such tribal leader who stood against the British Army single handedly and faced the bullet on his chest point blank. Bravo to such great attitude.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

A very 70th Happy Independence day to all the citizens of India and love to all the real heroes of India who fought for our country Independence.
    live happily in every situation of life

Yes even I wish to congratulate our leaders and even salute the real heroes who have sacrificed their life for the country.

Happy Independence Day to all Indians! It is not a point about celebrating; it is all about remembering the past, the past which has made us proud and has enabled us to stand beneath the tricolor and salute with "Vande Mataram' in our mind. I salute all those who have been part of the freedom struggle and have won us this Independence!

*(And so few responses for this thread which was pinned with a purpose. Great going friends!)

'Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance'- Confucius

Happy 71st independence day to everyone. Today is a big day because we have completed 70 years of independence as an united nation consisted of 1000s of languages but still same feelings in the hearts. Cordial respect to all the freedom fighters. The author said to pay respect to the unsung heroes as there are many like Khudiram Boss, Arjun Lal Sethi, Bismil, Ashfaq Ulla Khan etc. They are those whose names are not taken much but had given important sacrifices.

I congratulate every member, editors and ISC administration as well as every citizen of our country on this happy occasion. Independence was not achieved in a day, month or year. It took us decades and sacrifice of thousands of people of our country to achieve it. Hence, it is hard-earned in the true sense.

We have heard the names of many great leaders like Mahatma Gandhi, Pt. Jawaharlal Nehru, Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose, Sardar Patel, Saheed Bhagat Singh, Chandra Sekhar Azad and many more and their struggles and sacrifices in making our country free from the clutches of the British rule .

however, there were many, many more unsung heroes who worked silently and gave up their homes, happiness and even sacrificed their lives for this great cause. We don't even know the names of many of them.

Therefore, I would humbly request the ISC administration to do something (like inviting write-ups from the members) to let the other members know about their contributions in the independence struggle. That would be a real homage to those heroes on this grand occasion.

I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep.

I wish all citizens of this great nation a happy independence day. A great nation.Unity in Diversity. We are all basically from one country. We are lucky we born in independent India. When the country is suffering under the reins of English. The great son,'s of this soil unitedly struggled and fought against English and earned freedom It is our minimum duty to remember all of them on this day
    drrao
    always confident

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.