You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Deepest respect to the great revolutionary and spiritual leader of India on his birthday

This man was born on this day in 1872. His father Krishna Dhan Ghosh was considered the best surgeon of that era. His mother was the daughter of famous social leader of the period, Raj Narayan Bose. His brothers were excellent in studies.

He proved himself better than his excellent brothers in studies. He successfully qualified Indian Civil Services (ICS) but did not take part in horse-riding. Leaving ICS he went to Baroda (now Vadodara) to work as English lecturer but returned to Calcutta after some time.

He joined revolutionary group in Calcutta. His able leadership seriously challenged the British rule in India way back in 1905. He was jailed and somehow saved from the gallows by Shri Chittaranjan Das. He realized the presence of God in the condemned cell of Alipore jail in Calcutta.

After his release, he went to Pondicherry (now Puducherry) and led a profoundly spiritual life. He became very famous as a great spiritual leader all over the world. He left this mortal world in 1950.

Our deepest respect to the great revolutionary and spiritual leader of India, Shri Aurobindo Ghosh on his 146th Birthday.
    I did visit Aurobindo Asharam at Pondicherry but never knew about the past of the great spiritual leader. The author has given a new information to me with this post and I am grateful to him. The tranquility of the Asharam forced me to stay put for some hours and I had the immense pleasure of having visited the great place in my life time. His wife who is referred as Mother is prayed and followed much in Tamil Nadu. In the name of Aurobindo, many schools and colleges are established and we have many such branches in Hyderabad imparting great education and moral values. My salute to this great man.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Shri Aurobinda also known as rishi Aurobinda was a great scholar and a famous political and spiritual leader our country has ever produced.

In his youth, he had taken active part in the Indian freedom struggle against the British rule and even went to jail in the Alipore Bomb Case. He establishment the Sri Aurobindo Ashram in 1926. today, the ashram has spread its wings and many of its branches have been set up at different places.

This great soul breathed his last on December 5, 1950.

I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep.

According to me the information of spiritual leaders and famous freedom fighters are very less among the present youngsters and children. As many text books are not containing information about such people as they are very much concentrating in political matters, the school authorities should make arrangements to educate them on such leaders through their class teachers in the classes by showing their pictures.

• Sign In to post your comments