You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Do you think the communication signals strengthen after ISRO released several satellites in space?

As we all knew that ISRO scientists release a press note to media after every 15 days or after every two or three months we are releasing satellites in space for to strengthen the communicational signaling system in our country not only that they will tell it is a gift to south Asian countries their signaling will also get strengthen but yesterday I was an important call and conversing with others I got two sims on my cell phone none of them have minimal signal strength as it shows in indicators of my phone (as I am unable to hear the other voice or the person unable to hear my voice only half duplex)as I am not living in remote area similarly the other person who is conversing with me and we are not outside too. I am living in the city still I am unable to receive proper signals if the city situation is like this what about villages?Do you think the communication signals strengthen after ISRO released several satellites in space?
    It's not necessary that every time ISRO launches a communication satellite. Most of the time they launch satellites for serving different purpose like weather monitoring, probing other satellites, sometimes it launches other countries satellites too. Yes, to large extent communication signal has strengthened in our country because we have our own satellites for signal transmission and we are no longer dependent on other countries.
    In your case, as you are telling that you were not receiving any signal on your phone, then let me tell you that our phone do not receive direct signals from satellites. The signal from satellites first go to your telecom operators receiver after that your operator transmit that signal to various other mobile tower. It may be that there could be some maintenance work going on in your area. From time to time telecom companies work on their towers because after some time the signal strength weakens so it need to be attenuated. It has nothing to do with the satellites launched by ISRO.

I said they release a press note that when Media pose a question what is the use of this Satelite they will tell that for to strengthen the communicational signaling system of ours country. Ok, fine we just go with your words.Will the Weather forecasting system able to tell whether there will be a rain or not on a particular day with your so called successful satellites in space? Many times they will fail to judge correct one. Most of the times there is an erroneous judgment in that system too...I have been in different places in Hyderabad city I have operated different operator sims the signals are very weak everywhere. I will write the areas if you want.....
    A blunt knife or rusted knife can't be useful for anything just for the sake we call it as the knife similar to PayTM series or Sachin or Virat records.

As Gaurav roughly mentioned, satellites don't transmit mobile signals directly to your mobile. That work is done by the base towers that are installed on the ground. So no matter how many satellites are there in space they won't improve your mobile signal.

The communication signals that ISRO representatives refer to are telephonic signals, SATCOM signals, DTH signals, radio signals, the Internet and military applications. Here the important point to note is that the radio signals and telephonic signals are not for direct user-user use but for companies which use these satellites as intermediary for long distance communication. The signals sent and received from satellites by telephone companies will comprise of communication data of multiple users spanning over a large area.

These things are taught in primary standards of Indian schools and even a kid in 6th standard will be able to explain it to you.

Do you know the types of Transmissions? First, learn that and write here

@Ankit, as I am not intelligent like you Weather forecast, is done by Satellites that you know a 4th class fellow will also tell you.Do you think our Weather forecast system will predict the correct weather? As you said that towers will receive the signals from Satellites.You know Pakistan has a higher 4G speed than India.

And you don't know If India satellites are so much improved we can have direct access the satellites for the purpose of internet and cellular networks.

http://www.businesstoday.in/current/world/indian-4g-speed-lowest-in-the-world-ranks-below-pakistan-open-signal/story/253970.html

A blunt knife or rusted knife can't be useful for anything just for the sake we call it as the knife similar to PayTM series or Sachin or Virat records.

I have a Graduate Degree in Communications Engineering. I guess I have much more knowledge about communication technologies that many of the ISC members.

Probably a short lesson in Weather forecasting will help you. The role of satellites in weather forecasting is limited to providing the data and giving the forecast directly. The data provided by satellites is analyzed by scientists to do the forecasting. Since there are too many dynamic variables in a weather forecasting method there is always the possibility of forecasting not being accurate.

Base towers too don't directly communicate with the satellites. There is a whole architecture around telecom communication systems. It is not a matter of satellite technology improvement but the architecture used to mobile communication. Yes, it is possible to receive signals directly to a phone (not an ordinary phone but a Satellite phone) but that is too expensive and is therefore mostly used by defense organizations who want their communications to be secure and direct.

What I am pointing out is that Satellites don't play a direct role in our 3G/4G internet speeds. That is dependent on other factors like proximity to the base tower, the spectrum being used, the present load on the base towers and of course the algorithm being applied by the telecom company for load distribution and transmission.

Do you know we can communicate through satellites directly there is no need of towers? There are called as A satellite telephone, satellite phone, or satphone.

There are many satellites which are sent into space by ISRO or other agencies. Some of the satellites are exclusively meant for communication purposes while the others are for other misc data exchange. It is not necessary that every time if ISRO sends a satellite into space it is meant for communication.

There is definitely more channel width and spectrums available to communication purposes after placing of various satellites in space by various global agencies. As the requirement of data communication will increase with time more satellites will be placed in space to meet the increased requirement.

Knowledge is power.

@Bhushan,
    If you care to read my responses carefully you will notice I have talked about Satphones in both of them

@Ankit.

If Pakistan getting Higher speeds of the internet and as well as 4g speed than India what does it mean?

@ Bhushan
    You should provide data for your statements. You know what china lags behind India internet speed (avg) by half.

China: avg connection speed, 3.7 Mb/s
    India: avg connection speed, 6.5 Mb/s
    Source wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_Internet_connection_speeds

India to enter high-speed internet era with Isro's new satellites

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/new-isro-satellite-launches-to-usher-in-high-speed-internet-era-in-india/articleshow/58769896.cms?TOI_browsernotification=true

Today India is in challenging stage, Massive population - poor neighbor countries. I think it is easy for capable person to get high speed network but for poor people it is problem. You should know that, India is most affordable place for internet users. In India prices of internet and telecommunication is very less as compared to other countries.

Previously India had not ability to put big satellites in atmosphere but now India can be able to put big satellites by development of cryogenics engines.
    I do agree telecommunication depends on satellites indirectly. As far as i know internet depends on nearby tower of telephone company.

Communication signals has become the important issue for the people to get connected and also coincides with the development of the country. Satellites have been sent into orbit but the right technology to get the maximum use from those waves are missing. Today only I came across the news that TRAI has strictly warned the cell phone companies that hence forth they have to shell down a fine of 10 lakh rupees if the customer experiences call drop. That is very good decision. The cell phone companies are not syncing with the satellites signals and thus we are denied of through calls without drops. Henceforth this problem has to be addressed.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Communication - signal plays a very vital role and poor link can disrupt the ongoing conversation between the two customers engaged in conversation. Very often , we notice call drops and the cell - phone companies did not show any interest to curb this abnormal situation. Keeping in view of remedial situation, TRAI has taken a very aggressive step where the defaulters have to pay fines to the extent of ten lakhs for the lapses. Indeed this is a welcome decision and the subscribers will be largely benifited with the latest decision of TRAI.

Why TRAI has to come to this drastic step because, the cell phone service providers are going on expanding spree of their customer base but not giving credence to their signal strength nor expanding the cell towers which were suppose to beam the signals of high frequency. For example in Hyderabad, every cell phone goes to dead mode while passing through Tank Bund area. That means even when you are talking to some one and enter that area the call gets lost. Now that wont happen. The operators have to provide for a great signal strength cell tower at the Tank bund so that customers can enjoy break free conversations.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

• Sign In to post your comments