You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Quote Quest: Word of the day 'Grudge'

Dear ISCians,

Welcome to the Sunday special challenge of 'Quote Quest'. This is a contest which will be done to improve the vocabulary skills of our members. It was so nice to see many members pullout themselves and express through words. Hoping for the continued participation from more ISCians.

Word of the day is "GRUDGE". Use this word to creat a quote as 1 liner, a short poem or a story of your own creation.

RULES TO FOLLOW:

1. Must create your own quote and post it.

2. Copied contests or spam are strictly violated.

3. Quote should be made bold using suitable HTML tag so as to identify.

4. You can attach related pic after editing your quote into it along with your post. It's not mandatory.

5. There is no limit in posting. You can come up with more than 1 quote or poem or story.

6. Your content must include the word of the day.

7. Do not pullout your queries and suggestions in this thread. Try posting as a new forum or respond here when the contest expires.

If you are not aware about the meaning of the word them do check it and come up with some attractive quotes. Looking forward for those creative minds. Happy inking.
    Holding a grudge against someone and seeking revenge is like refusing the antidote to your poison.
    The stronger a light shines the darker are the shadows around it.

When you let grudge to creep in your heart it's like allowing the demon to cook his favorite dish in your heart.

I have tried to compose a poem using the given word. Hope the members like it.

Happy the man
    have no grudges in his heart
    Takes the world
    as his family that is his art
    Peaceful he is and
    retires with good ways
    Those are the people
    bestowed by sun rays

Knowledge is power.

Have grudge on those who are non performers and non achievers.
    But be friendly with successful persons and their ability to surge ahead of others.

K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

"Grudges are like little sparks of fire but often teach big lessons, hold them carefully they can burn the sender/owner more than the receiver"
    "It is hardest thing in the world to be good thinker without being a good self examiner"

As I wave my eyes and witness the crowd around me
    I can only visualize grudge and hatred one over the other
    No wonder why great men say "Nothing lasts forever".

Cijo, please note that HTML tags are not allowed in forum. You may amend your rules accordingly. Another point is that, since you are conducting Quote Quests for a day, it would be nice if you post a response requesting the editors online to lock the thread as and when the time closes so that members are aware that the time is up and they need not post further responses.
    'Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance'- Confucius

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.