You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Belated 'Navroz' (New Year) greetings to all Parsi friends!

Their number is rapidly coming down. They don't exist in most of the cities of India. They are now mainly confined in Mumbai, Surat, Pune and in some other parts. In my home-town Kolkata, their number was around one lakh at the time of the beginning of 20th Century. As on date, the number is only 433.

They don't demand anything from the Government. They don't seek reservation in jobs or studies. They don't seek monetary assistance for their aged, they don't seek protection for their religious places. They always work for India-willingly, without seeking anything in return. Despite being a microscopic minority, the people of this community held various prestigious positions in every field, solely due to their own callibre. They have enriched India by their hard work, honesty and intelligence.

On last Thursday, they celebrated their New Year, 'Navroz'. We didn't congratulate them-actually we forgot. But they did send 'dhansag' to their neighbours and friends on this occasion.

Let us salute this great minority community of India, the Parsis. Let us wish them belatedly on the occasion of Parsi New Year, 'Navroz'.
    I also go with the views of the author in this regard. I have quite number of Parsi friends and in Hyderabad they have formidable presence. They are the most peace loving community and we never had any commotion with them. Most of them are well educated and having high positions in Industries and they are also having big business.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

I have seen a few parsi persons in Hyderabad, Generally they are calm going. They are very good with others and show lot of concern for neighbors. Belated new year best wishes to these minority community people/ All the best for you in the new year.
    drrao
    always confident

It is quite disheartening to note that we are even reluctant to wish the people belonging to this great community even on the occasion of 'Navroz'.
    Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

I join the author in extending my heartiest Navroz greetings to all Parsi friends across India! May you be able to spread the spirit of peace among others too!
    'Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance'- Confucius

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.