You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Two rival factions of AIADMK merge and OPS becomes Dy Chief Minister. Thus ends big drama.

We all know that ever since Ms Jayalalithaa was dead , the AIADMK party has torn out into three factions headed by OPS, EPS and Shashikala groups. Having sensed surging of DMK into their bastions due to rivalry within the party, the OPS camp seems to have been prevailed upon BJP at the center and even offered two or three births, if two erring factions merge. Now that has been done and OPS has been made Dy CM of Tamil Nadu. Will this issue close the demand for Rajnikanth or Kamala Hassan to enter politics or BJP would be benefited with this merger ?
    I had almost prepared a thread on this subject,and then I saw that this thread is already posted. The thread title I thought was to be "Once a possible hero, now becomes pointfive to avoid becoming zero".

My take on this matter as of now is just that. The merger has just saved OPS from becoming a zero and he retained himself at 0.5. It suits Edappadi Palaniswamy or EPS as it can make his government survive for the time being.

OPS was seen as a hero when he opposed Saikala and came out to form his own faction. Everyone thought that at last he had shown some courage and independence coming out from the hangover of being in shadow of the powerful leader late Jayalalitha. People genuinely expected two things from him. One to announce n investigation on the death of Jayalalitha and two to take over the house and assets of Jayalalitha to make a museum of the same.
    But things took a different course and OPS slowly started loosing his confidence and also support from people. He was almost becoming to be forgotten and the other faction tightening itself.

By the present 'merger' OPS has prevented himself becoming a zero for the time being. I do not think that people bother anything more than that about this now. If the action can lead the party to becoming more democratic and the government to be able and responsible, then it is welcome.

But another fraction is still outside. What is their damage potential is yet to be seen.

Rightly observed by Venkiteshwaran sir. Our PM Modi was worried about DMK surge with inside troubles of AIADMK and hence this arrangement.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Politics is for power only. As rightly expressed by Mr. Venkiteswaran heis zero without power. So he wanted to become 1. That is Chief Minister. Finally he has become 0.5 that is Dy. Chief Minister. They have divide the power.Ms.Sasikala is in jail. Slowly her followers will go this way or that way and will become non existent.
    A stable government can voncentrate on state and state people. As far as it is concerned it is ok.
    But how long thsese adjustments can be done and people can be accommodated I don't understand. There are no morals. Only power is ultimate.
    As mentioned by Mr.Mohan, PM don't want DMK to come into limelight. So they are trying to patch up between these two and finally they could do that. It may be useful for central Government. Next election BJP may go with AIDMK. Let us wait and watch.

drrao
    always confident

Only yesterday I heard that Tamil cinema superstar Rajinikanth is going to float his own political outfit by the end of this year. It is stated he would remain equidistant from both the Dravidian parties and his new party would stress transparent and efficient administration without any corruption. He had aearlier cold-shouldered both the representatives of AIAMK and DMK.

In all probability and as per the given indication, there is every possibility that Rajinikanth is going to lend support to BJP or will formally join NDA before the next election.

Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

Now after this merger, the importance of relevance of Rajni entering politics or floating own party lost relevance.
    K Mohan

I think we will have to wait for some more time for the curtains to fall in this political drama as has been rightly said by Venkiteswaran sir in his response above. The Dinakaran faction has already started rewriting the script and the climax is yet to be finalized. The super directors behind the whole drama that started off with the demise of Smt Jayalalithaa, must be quite confused now.
    'Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance'- Confucius

With Dinakaran faction sticking to its stand, the government is in minority now and they have to prove the majority which they cannot and thus mid term polls are for sure.
    K Mohan

• Sign In to post your comments