You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

A Small query about Resource Response

During the past few days, I have posted some comments to some resources and got points for each of them. I have also got a little cc for one of my comments.

The points I have got have been added to my total points but only the comment for which I have got cc is showing in my contribution section.

I want to know whether only the comments for which we get cc are reflected in the my contribution section in the profile page or all the comments for which we get points are shown there.

I request the knowledgeable members to clarify my doubt.
    If you post a response to any resource or article you get points based on the no of words of the response. If you post a lengthy comment then you get maximum 5 marks.If small response is posted then you will get 0 or 1 points. The points is added to your account if you click on dashboard then click on recalculate on points you will see points in your account. But the comment posted by you is approved by the webmaster.The webmaster will gives the points 0 to 10 and Rs 1 to 10 depends upon your comment.That is the originally points that you get.

Nomita, the points you see as soon as you post a response is through an automated process. The responses are subsequently reviewed by editors as they appear in queue and points and cc are awarded based on the content. These points may not be the same as the points you get through the automated system. The same will be adjusted when you recalculate your points/ cash credits. Hope your query has been answered.
    'Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance'- Confucius

Ankit,

I request you to kindly go through the third paragraph of my thread once more to get an idea about exactly what I been asking for. Making a comment without going into the main issue is like beating around the bush. Isn't it?

I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep.

Thank you Saji Sir, my query is cleared to a great extent. However, the following thing is still not clear to me:
    'Will only the comments for which we get cc are reflected in the my contribution section in the profile page or all the comments for which we get points are shown there.'
    I shall be grateful if you kindly clear it.

Yes, the points in respect of those responses which will be approved after review, will be reflected in your score-board. Generally it is seen that the points get reduced after review. Some of the responses are also deleted.
    Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

Yes. As soon as we write a comment on a article, automatically some points will be allotted to your review. After sometime the concerned editor will review your comments and see how points and how much CC can be given. Sometimes your comment may get deleted completely.
    drrao
    always confident

Thanks everybody. My doubt is cleared now. The editors may kindly lock the thread now.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.