You must Sign In to post a response.
This thread is being red pinned to avoid multiple threads on the festival.
  • Category: Festivals

Welcome the festival with positive minds! (Post your Ganesh Chaturthi greetings here)

We would be celebrating Ganesh Chaturthi in another day or two. I wish all the members of ISC a Happy Ganesh Chaturthi in advance! May this festival fulfill all your wishes.

It is a request to whoever is purchasing Ganesha Idol for the festival to please get eco-friendly Lord Ganesha idols and not the colorful ones which will create water pollution after visarjana.

Happy Ganesh Chaturthi!
    Good and polite request from the author. I am also sharing my wishes to Happy Ganesh Chathurthi. According to me the idol we bought for our house pooja is just made of clay which denotes the simplicity of Lord Ganesh. Lord Ganesh is for simple nature for a true devotee as he simply accepts the clay idol, only grass (dhoorva),crown flower (eukkam Poo) and only banana and he is not expecting us to have huge offerings. However people are doing the pooja in grand level means it is according to their own well and wish. In my view the idols (without color) bought by us in house pooja can be kept in an open place of our garden or we can drop in nearby wells or ponds as visarjana. However Let Lord Ganesh Ji blow His Grace on all of our ISC related members.

I wish all Members on the auspicious occasion of Ganesh Chaturthi. May Lord Ganesha give happiness and prosperity to all.
    Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

First of all, I thank the author for best wishes and advice. In our house we celebrate Ganesh Puja with an Idol made of clay only. We use different types of leaves and flowers for Puja. We will give coconuts and bananas as prasadam.
    Using colours for Ganesh idol is to be stopped as it is causing lot of water pollution. Lot of advertisement is going on regarding this and every body slowly trying to move from colours to clay idols. Even FM Radio as announced a reward for the green ganesh idols. A team will visit the Ganesh installed in many streets in Hyderabad and they will select best Idol made of clay and offer some cash rewards. Let us hope some environment protection concept will go in to the minds of people with this.
    I wish all members of this site a Happy Vinayaka Chaviti.

drrao
    always confident

Appreciation to the author for suggesting to go for eco friendly Ganesh idols while purchasing. In Hyderabad there has been great awareness created in media and also through social sites and many voluntary and Hindu organizations are going to distribute clay Ganesh idols for free. Even government of Telangana has made arrangement to distribute green Ganesh or eco friendly Ganesh idols at Shilparamam and the children through their schools management can have the idols for free. On this occasion I extend warm greetings for the happy celebration of Ganesh Chathurthi the whole 9 days.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

I wish you a very Happy Vinayaka Chaviti.The first God who we will do pooja on every occasion at our home.Wish you a very Happy Vinayaka Chaviti.
    A blunt knife or rusted knife can't be useful for anything just for the sake we call it as the knife similar to PayTM series or Sachin or Virat records.

Wish you all warm greetings of Ganesh Chaturthi. I request all of you to celebrate this festival of joy keeping in mind the spiritual significance behind this festival. Only then true meaning of celebration is fulfilled. Mere performing rituals is of no use. Understand the real meaning behind celebration and develop the qualities which Lord Ganesha would want every one of us to possess. Once again wish you all very happy Ganesh Chaturthi.

Vinayaka Chathurthi greetings to all at ISC! May Lord Ganesha remove all our obstacles and shower his blessings on all of us!
    'Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance'- Confucius

Happy Vinayaka Chathurthi.
    May the first God bless us to get away from all the sufferings in life and keep us in good health and bring in required wealth to all ISC members and their families, friends and relatives. May He ensure peace prevails in this world. Lord Ganesh is our good Lord. He leads us. He helps us. He will never fail. He is the first Supreme Lord of the universe.
    Happy Vinayaka Chathurthi.

No life without Sun

I wish all the members of ISC and their families a very happy Ganesh Chaturdhi. It is one of the major festival of Telugu people of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana. This festival will be celebrated with great fervor and enthusiasm in the homes and street corners everywhere in A.P., Telangana, Tamil Nadu, Maharashtra, Goa, Karnataka, Gujarat. Don't forget to use eco-friendly Clay Ganesha. In our city at many places Clay Ganesha idols and a book for doing the Puja were distibuted at many places. To know about this festival as well as to know about the 21 leaves (with images) used in this festival go through my following resource:-
    Reasons, ways and means of celebrating Ganesha Chaturthi- The festival of God of blessings

"Aalla re aalla, Ganpati aalla"
    Wish all the members of ISC a very happy Ganesh Chaturthi. May Lord Ganesh bless all and take away all your worries.

Hi all, wish you happy Ganesh Chathurthi.
    I think, this link will help you understand why Ganesh idols are immersed in water after celebration. Celebrate a festival after knowing it's reasons behind it. However, festival is fun, enjoy with you near and dear, sharing and caring.

http://www.indiastudychannel.com/experts/42278-Why-Ganesh-idol-is-immersed-in-water-after-11-days-of-Pooja.aspx

Sri Vetri
    Spread Positivism

Warm greetings to all on the auspicious occasion of Ganesh Chaturthi! May His blessings come down as your prayers go up, bringing good health & prosperity to your homes.
    When people come at you with their worst, you should come at them with your best (advice given to Selena Gomez by her mother, quoted in Time magazine.)

Happy Ganesh Chaturthi to all the members of IndiaStudy Channel. May Lord Ganesha fulfill all the wishes of you.
    Honesty is the best policy.

Though go green Ganesh appeal has been widely made in the electronic and social media, there were little takers, as I could see more Ganesh idols of plaster of paris made has flooded the markets this time. The size of the idols were also increased this time. As there was no warning from the government and police, the idol makers had the field day for yesterday and today as they sold bigger varieties at high price and minted the money. Now the water sources abetting the Hyderabad city has to be readied for Ganesh immersion which starts from 3rd , 5th, 7th and 9th day from today. This time the Hussain Sagar or Vinayak Sagar is going to witness biggest line up of Ganesh idols even coming from the abetting villages and towns near Hyderabad as there are no water bodies or sources dried up due to hot summer. So once again wishing the members of ISC and all the net users a very happy Ganesh Chathurthi and may all your pending wishes be fulfilled this year.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Wishing you all a Happy Ganesh Chaturthi, may this festival brings lots of joy and happiness into your life and makes an extra ordinary feeling ever.
    live happily in every situation of life

Wishing all the editors a happy Ganesh Chaturthi, May Lord Ganesha brings happiness and prosperity in your lives.
    Do what inspires you !!

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.