You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Word of the Day - A new adjective

Learning of new word and using it in sentences will help us to grow as writers for which we need to be vivid readers as well. For if we won't read we won't come across new words and we won't try to make new sentences from it.

Today I came across a new word, this word wasn't so familiar to me. If you have come across this word before, can we try to make a sentence out of this word?

The word is "Tantamount", lets put on our thinking hat and try to make simple sentences out this word.

Tantamount is an adjective, it is a synonym to equivalent, significant, similar etc.

For e.g: The resignations were tantamount to an admission of guilt.

Knowledgeable members can correct me if I am wrong and add more information to this.

We would love to learn more.
    During the Nandyal by elections in AP , the central police force were gathered in large numbers as there are every chance of hooligans resorting to rigging and that may tantamount to big law and order problem.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Sentence using tantamount: Not obeying the written order of the Secretary in Government Ministry is tantamount to insubordination.
    Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

Tantamount also means to not taking action or equal to something
    Ex:
    Akbar was tantamount to a declaration of war.
    Taking money from purse without knowing your parents is tantamount to stealing.

Not taking care of parents in their old age by their children is tantamount to a big crime
    drrao
    always confident

The stupid attitude of negative people with positive and wise people tantamount to a dog's bark in front of an elephant.
    A positive attitude will lead to positive results.

Wonderful responses and sentences beautiful formed from the word tantamount.

Not heeding to your government is tantamount to overthrowing it.
    The stronger a light shines the darker are the shadows around it.

• Sign In to post your comments