You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Winners

Thread of the Week awards- 06th to 12th and 13th to 19th August- Winners!

Friends, we are announcing the Thread of the Week awards for the weeks 06th to 12th August and 13th to 19th August '17 together.

It was indeed a bit discouraging to note that the week 06th to 12th August did not have many threads to be considered for the TOW award. An assessment of the submitted threads lead us to conclude that it is not because there is any dearth of ideas among our members but it appears that most of us are in a hurry to submit contents and do not bother to strive for quality and richness in what we are submitting. I say so especially because we had come across so many exemplary titles which could be developed into thought provoking contents but then the idea shrinks into just the title and lacks the spirit in content. I think we can do better if we are a bit more patient and spare some more time in developing our contents. Hope our members would give some serious thought to this aspect of posting threads.

Having said that, we have decided to award Special Prizes to the following threads for the week-

Think twice before you take any decision by Dr. N.V. Srinivasa Rao. Though a take on a well known proverb, the thread is but a stern reminder to us to be cautious in this fast moving world today and

Deforestation is the result that many animals are homeless by Bhushan which is an indirect warning against the dangers of deforestation and its after effects.

Now coming to the TOW awards for the week 13th to 19th August '17, the winner is Pooja Srivastava for her thread Life happens only once . The thread is a reflection of basic human emotions and thoughts and reminds us that we have to live life to the fullest through the odds and evens because we get to enjoy it only once. The positive spirit displayed in the thread is appreciated.

It has been decided to award Special Prizes to the following threads-

In how much time would two strangers begin to talk informally by Neelam Joshi. This thread appears simple at the outset but we are sure that it must have set our thought process on the go ranging from being casual to being friendly to the dangers of becoming informal with strangers and so many points related to the same.

Learning from elders in the house is good for children by Ramachandran Pattabiraman which is a thread that need to be taken seriously considering the ease with which the younger generation takes day to day affairs lightly placing reliance on the internet which does not actually work out most of the time if seen practically. This was a thread that could have been presented in a better manner though.

Why many of us are not punctual by Umesh is a thread that asks us a question though it is nothing new as far as we are concerned. We know and speak about being punctual but seldom do we put it into practice. Being punctual is important and we need to realize that as can be seen from the responses posted therein and even otherwise.

The thread of the Week winner will get a cash reward of Rs 60/- with 60 additional points and all the Special Prize winners will get a cash reward of Rs 40/- with additional 40 points which will be credited to their accounts.

Friends, please join me in congratulating the winner and the special prize winners for both the weeks.
    Hearty Congratualtions to all the winners!

It was truly worth reading the above posts and respond to few of them.

My hearty congratulations to Pooja Srivastava for winning TOW award for the week 13-19th August 2017.my congratulations to Neelam Joshi,Ramachandran Pattabiraman and Umesh for winning special prize for their threads.
    I congratulate to Bhushan for winning special prize for the week 6th to12th August 2017. I thank the Editors for considering my thread for special prize for the week 6th to12th August 201t7. It my great pleasure in winning this prize .

drrao
    always confident

After a very long gap, I received an award in the Forum section. I am die hard fan of this forum section.I Congratulate the winner's name by name who got awards and special awards.I am thankful to the Lead Editor, Tonny sir, and Timmy sir for giving this award, who posted valuable responses to my questions or messages....
    A blunt knife or rusted knife can't be useful for anything just for the sake we call it as the knife similar to PayTM series or Sachin or Virat records.

Hearty congratulations to all the winners. Hope all of you will keep on contributing to make forum section more interesting.
    Don't sweat the small stuff and it's all small stuff.

Hearty congratulations to the winner of the prestigious ToW award for the week 13th-19th August, 2017, Ms. Pooja Srivastava for her very creative thread. Wishing her many more awards from this great platfom.

I also congratulate the Special Prize winners for the weeks 6th-12th August, 2017 and 13th-19th August, 2017. I wish many more awards for them in future.

Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

Thank you Saji Ganesh Sir for considering my thread to be worthy of getting an award. I feel joyous and very happy seeing this. :) It provides me immense motivation and I will keep writing more such articles. Thank you Srinivasa Sir and Partha Sir and everybody in the forum for your wishes. The day I have started writing in this forum, I am learning a lot. This forum is a great source of knowledge for everyone. I would deeply thanks everyone for the wishes once again.
    Do what inspires you !!

I forgot to wish and congratulate the special prize award winners Neelam Joshi, Ramachandran Sir and Umesh for their knowledgeable articles. Also would like to congratulate Srinivasa sir and Bhushan for winning the awards. I wish to learn more from you all in the upcoming articles. :)
    Do what inspires you !!

My very sincere congratulations to all the TOW and special prize winners of the past weeks. Well done guys. Keep winning.
    No life without Sun

My hearty congratulations to the thread of the week award winner and the special prize winners.
    Regards
    Rizwan

My hearty congrats to the tow of the week winner and also the winners of the special prizes there off. All the entries were best and deserved a pat with recognition of such awards. Keep going.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

I wholeheartedly congratulate the winners as well as the special prize winners of the 'Thread of the Week' for the two consecutive weeks.

I have noted with pleasure that not only the senior members but the comparatively new members are also impressing us with their thoughts and topics.

I believe that it is a good trend and would definitely encourage many more new members to come out with more and more innovative ideas.

And it would be really beneficial for one and all.

I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep.

Hearty congratulations to the winners of the Thread of the Week award for the week 13th-19th August, 2017.
    The greatest wealth in this world is mental peace and good health.

The cash credits and points to the winners have been credited.
    'Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance'- Confucius

My hearty congratulations to Dr. Rao for winning Thread of the wee award for 6th to 12th August. I congratulate to Bhushan for winning special prize for the week 6th to12th August 2017. I also want to congratulate Pooja Srivastava for winning TOW award for the week 13-19th August 2017.my congratulations to Neelam Joshi, Ramachandran Pattabiraman and Umesh for winning special prize for their threads.
    Honesty is the best policy.

Hearty congrats to all the winners. Please keep on contributing outstanding forum threads.
    All the good wishes.

Thoughts exchanged is knowledge gained.

I extend my heartiest congratulations to the Winners of TOW and Special Prize for the consecutive weeks of second and third week of August 2017.

Here I dare to refer the second paragraph of the author and would like to opine that so many valuable members are available in this forum but unfortunately, the best threads are not being generated in the section. Any new comer would definitely focus in this section initially and will follow accordingly. Threads should be in thought provoking manner to the respondents and should be in more encouraging manner to generate much more valuable threads.

Congratulations to TOW prize winners.

Congratulations to all the winners and special prize winners for winning TOW award. It is great to see a long list of awardees this time. All the threads are really unique and thoughtful.
    Padmini

Living & Learning- simultaneous processes!

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.