You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Television

How many of you watch Bigg Boss Tamil

Bigg boss is a reality show in Star Vijay, that is a trending TV show among Tamilians. Though Bigg boss is not a new show in other languages, it is introduced in Tamil TV channel for the first time. It's viewers are also exceeding 4 crores. Still there are many controversies for this show. Many say it is scripted. Many social welfare organizations and YouTube channels say, it is introduced to tamilians in order to divert people from other social causes. Contestants of that show are very much criticized in social media.

What is your opinion about this show? And why do you watch it or why do you avoid watching it?
    I don't watch Big Boss either in Tamil or in Hindi. I find it meaningless and a wastage of my time. But I do know that the show is popular in both languages.
    Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

For me Big Boss show seems to be stage managed and the celebrities are working in it with fixed conditions and they cannot assert their rights. That means we are also wasting time on watching something which has no meaning nor convey any message. Therefore watching this show in Tamil does not arise as I feel instead of good concepts, why the television channel in Tamil chosen Big boss which is nothing but popularizing unknown faces and the viewers are forced to watch their tantrums.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

I love Bigg Boss. I watch it regularly every day. Especially, I wait for Sunday to watch the elimination of the Bigg Boss contestants. As per my observation, I do not think it is scripted or stage managed. Initially, it was interesting with the lovely girl Ovia who went out voluntarily. She has the originality, and others don't have. More than me, my darling wife is much interested to watch Bigg Boss show. It is Okay. It is a good time pass to know the characters of each and every participant.
    No life without Sun ¤

yeah I too find it interesting. It is not completely scripted. Especially the contestants are doing everything on their own with no push. But what I feel, it is rightly scripted by the Bigg boss team in carrying the show.

They take it in the way people like it, if they want to corner a person, they give tasks accordingly. I feel so. But I'm sure, contestants are unaware of it. Because, no one is interested to project themselves bad.

Sri Vetri
    Spread Positivism

Mohan Sir, It might be waste of time to many. But it becomes mandatory to any television channel to bring up new things to sustain in their industry. Bigg boss in tamil is one such attempt. Comparing to other shows, reality shows has more reach, because people could get connected easily. This voting system and all make them involved in the show. Of course, they are playing tantrums as you mentioned. But bringing up new is a must. People demand for it. Vijay Tv's slogan itself denotes the same. "Edhilum pudhumai - Thamizhan perumai"
    Sri Vetri
    Spread Positivism

Big boss concept has been introduced in Telugu also. Junior NTR as anchor, this programme is running in MAA TV. I do not know Tamil Big boss. But, I like Telugu Bigboss very well. Mainly, contestants having tough tasks sometimes to retain in the Big boss house. Elimination process through audience is mainly key point in this programme.

Big boss in Telugu I am watching. It is aired by star Maa. Junior NTR is managing the show excellent on Saturdays and Sundays. Trp ratings are very high. But the remaining days it is going on but not as good as on Sundays and Saturdays. I have not seen Tamil Version. But I read some where that there are many controversies about that programme. There was a suicide attempt by one of the participant. One person while making the set died. I don't know the validity of these points. But I read in good news papers only. I understand kamalhasan is hosting the show. Another attraction is Telugu is some celebrities are entering in to Big Boss house for promotion of their recent releases.
    drrao
    always confident

I don't know Tamil so there is no question of viewing it. The same is aired in Hindi as well but I have never seen it and don't even know the day's and timing of its telecast.
    In fact, I don't like to watch television too much. However, I generally don't miss one Hindi comedy serial named 'Tarak Mehta ka Ulta Chasma' and one or two Bengali serials.

I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.