You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: West Bengal

Mamta's restriction on immersion on Muharram.

Today the chief minister of West Bengal announced that no statue will be immersed on Muharram. Last year she had made a similar announcement which was suspended by the High Court. She had also banned Ramnavmi and Mahaveer Jayanti. Every time Hindus have to appeal in High court to celebrate their festivals in Bengal. Why only Hindus every time. Mamta Banarjee is openly involved in appeasement politics to gain the favor of Muslims.

We always say that India is a secular country. Is it secularism? When certain restrictions like ban on Beef are put by the central government then some intellectuals and secularists does not feel this country a safe place to live in. They blame the government for encroachment of their right to privacy and choice. What kind of encroachment is this new political agenda by Bengal Chief Minister. Isn't it a threat to the democracy and harmony of this country?

I request every member of ISC to put forward their thought on this issue.
    West Bengal chief Minister, for the sake of vote bank, has rode a tiger. She is destroying whatever little is left in the state. She and her party are openly siding with the minority community of the state. In Murshidabad, Malda, North Dinajpur, Hindus have already become minority. The fate of Hindus will be similar in North 24 Parganas, South 24 Parganas, Birbhum and Howrah districts. She has aleanated the Gurkhas in the hills. Total mismanagement, corruption and communalism have been destroying the state. And the liberal intelligentsia is indirectly supporting her.
    West Beengal is going to be another Bangladeesh in another 20 years. My parents came here as refugees. My next generation will again suffer this fate if this insanity is not checked.

Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

Earlier, in this platform of ISC, I raised many threads informing the Members about the happenings of the state. But unfortunately most of the threads were either deleted or locked. For example, a so-called imam of the Tipu Sultan mosque in the state dared to issue a fatwa against the Prime Minister of the biggest democracy of the world. I raised the thread and immediately it was deleted. The reason of the deletion can be very well understood. This was just like so-called secular-liberal main stream media.

However, after the Basirhat-Baduria pogrom (it was not a riot), the intellectual arrogance of ignoring common people has been checked by the main stream media. Hope ISC also follows suit.

Yes I am watching the happenings in West Bengal thanks to the fast updating of her moves which seems to be against the Hindu community. She thinks that by following the appeasing formula towards Muslim community she could earn the respect of that community Nation wide. But she is the centric leader from West Bengal and does not have much clout outside that state. So she must think before taking any action. By doing activities against the interest of the Hindus, she has been earning the wrath of our community and that is not good for a leader to survive for future in politics. She would be kicked out of political arena soon.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

#606782 is very correct and i agree with his view point. Mamta govt. has issued a notification to Hindus, that do not go for the Durga idol immersion on 1st october due to Mohr-ram . Last year she did the same mistake. People went to high court for stay. HC admonished the WB govt. and allowed the Durga idol immersion. Now she is doing contempt of court and trying to appease the Muslims.
    The greatest wealth in this world is mental peace and good health.

Absolutely Mr. Patha, I thinki people do not want to discuss on topics involving Muslims because they are considered too sensitive. The same person will pour all his knowledge on the topics related to criticism of Hindu and their culture. There may be two reason for this biased thought.
    First, they have no guts and are afraid to discuss on these topics because they know what the consequences may be.
    Second, they are so called secular and liberal.

Very unfortunately, the Central Government, under normal circumstances, can do very little about the whimsical, communal and blatantly partisan decision of the State Government of West Bengal prohibiting immersion of Goddess Durga idols on the day of Ekadashi. This is because law & order is primarily a state subject. At best, the Central Government can seek reports from the State Government and the Governor on the issue.

However, hope is not yet lost. Please note that I have written 'under normal circumstances'. The situation of West Bengal is no longer 'normal'. The Central Government, under this abnormal situation where the people of majority Hindu community are being treated as second-class citizens in the state, can impose President's Rule in the state.

The Judiciary can also intervene actively and direct the State Government to arrange immersion of the idols of Goddess Durga on the day of Ekadashi. Last year also, the Judiciary had to intervene under similar circumstances. Calcutta High Court also accused the State Government of minority appeasement'. The Bengalis have not forgotten what happened during the last year in and around Naihati at the time of Muharram.

Really very sad to know that the last year's seen is enacted again this year. What is the relation between Ganesh immersion and Ramzan. Each one of this society can celebrate the festival of their choice on the day it is to be performed. Why one religion has to postpone its festival for the sake of other religion. This year they asked Hindus to postpone immersion. Next year they may ask Hindus to postpone the festival itself. Why we have to accept. West bangal government is acting against the Hindus. Central Government can't intervene as such, the law and order problem is the issue of State Government. Mamata is always trying to provoke Hind us by one way or other.
    Mamata has to amend her ways and give due importance to all the religions. Otherwise no Hindu candidate will vote for her. The politicians encashing the Hindus because of non unity among Hindus.

drrao
    always confident

• Sign In to post your comments