You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Our National flag will be hoisted on the moon soon.

A private start-up group 'Team Indus' based at Bagalore is all set to hoist our National flag on Moon on the next Republic day. This project is called 'Moon 2', with a Lander and a rover. The high definition cameras fitted on the Lander will different photo graphs of the moon surface.
    The PSLV Excel rocket of ISRO will launch the Moon 2 mission also as in the case of Chandrayan 2 mission. Raul Narayanan, an IIT product and his team won the Google loonar exprice contest prize worth 30 million US dollars. This led the team to take up this moon 2 mission.
    The the news is very exciting and interesting , the message conveyed by the author is not clear. Is there any plans to hoist the our National flag in reality or that is going to be simply graphics. Nevertheless the efforts initiated are really appreciated.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Although I have also read this news-item recently, I feel that India's second moon mission will take some more time. So, hoisting India's National Flag on the soil of moon will take little more time. But no problem! Indians will wait patiently.
    Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

This is based on a news paper report which clearly gives the details as in my post. Since it is planned with ISRO I think we can believe the report.
    T.M.Sankaran
    Gold Member ISC

Yes. I know that this work is going in a big way. But as mentioned by Mr. Partha, it may take some time. My expectation goes that it will happen in 2020. Let us wait and see. But the past history of ISRO says they will perform any task meticulously and with zero error. So their mission will be 100% successful and we all will see soon our flag on moon. ISRO has made India pride by its achievements so far and continue to strive for uplifting the country's stature in the field of space.
    drrao
    always confident

• Sign In to post your comments