You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: General

Which of the sports can exploit scientific theories?

Do you think there is a particular sport which makes use of scientific theories for maximum benefit to the players of that sport? Share your views in this thread.

We watch many games and sports and some sports are more associated with Physical science. As we see, for the catch taken by a fielder to avoid injury he will move his hands back, as reverse swing technique (as the ball becomes old it begins to swing towards the shine ) which is also having science theory.There are several sports which make use of scientific theories. As in football, the angle of hitting the ball to the goal post has a scientific theory involved. Which of the sports make the most use of scientific theories? Knowledgeable members, please respond to the question.
    Ok. The sport using the maximum amount of theories right. Surely soccer and basket ball are ones. But cricket too has many movements in it.
    But then there's wrestling. It uses the laws of gravity, momentum, elasticity and conservation of energy.
    To be honest it is painfully hard to say.

The stronger a light shines the darker are the shadows around it.

Exploit means most use of so my question is which of the sport will exploit(most use of ) Scientific theories. Is it Cricket, Football, Hockey, the running race.
    A blunt knife or rusted knife can't be useful for anything just for the sake we call it as the knife similar to PayTM series or Sachin or Virat records.

I'm sorry I edited my response. Read it now. I couldn't understand the question before.
    The stronger a light shines the darker are the shadows around it.

In my opinion, highjump and longjump 'exploit' the scientific theories most. These two sports use the laws of friction, Newton's laws of motion and law of gravitation. Do you agree?
    Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

Yes. It is correct. I also feel theory of gravitation and newtons law of motion are exploited in long jump and high jump. Even badminton uses the relation between force and distance is used.
    drrao
    always confident

I think Cricket will exploit scientific theories not only the Human body but the use of different items used in this game like ball and bat too...
    A blunt knife or rusted knife can't be useful for anything just for the sake we call it as the knife similar to PayTM series or Sachin or Virat records.

• Sign In to post your comments