You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Competition Entries

CGLE 2017 Tier-I cut off will be more or less 135 marks for OC category.

Combined Graduate Level Examination (CGLE) 2017 Tier-I is held from 5th Aug 2017 to 24 Aug 2017. Before 2016 examination was held in paper mode and the duration was 2 hours 200 questions. 2016 onwards Tier-I and tier-II has gone online. Tier –I contain 100 question in 1-hour time. The difficulty level has been reduced so cut off has gone up. This year the cut off will be more or less 135 out of 200 marks for OC category.
    What a unique imaginative, creative way of using the key phrase to make a write up. Very crisp and concise too. My applause for that.

Is it imaginative thread. i thought it is a real issue. Good presentation of the data and very brief write up.
    drrao
    always confident

Thank to DR.N.V. Srinivasa Rao and Venkiteswaran for liking my thread.
    The greatest wealth in this world is mental peace and good health.

This thread would be very useful for lakhs of aspirants of this very popular but tough examination, which , as the author has mentioned, has become online (Tier-I and Tier-II). But I think that the author could have mentioned the approximate cut-off marks for reserved categories also.
    Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

Well I am also an aspirant of CGL examination but since I am only in first year of graduation so,I will write the paper in 2019.
    As the cutoff of this year is concerned as per my own experience and level of question, I don't think it will cross even 120 for UR category.
    I would like to put forward two main points in support of my expected cutoff.
    First the difficulty level of question paper was much higher as that of previous year. Questions from English and Maths were very complex in various shifts. Many of the students were not able to solve even 10 problems of Maths out of 25. I am telling all these facts only on the basis of candidates experience. I have joined many groups on Facebook and Whatsapp created especially for CGL aspirants.
    Second point for low cutoff is that SSC has decreased the time by 15 minutes. 15 minutes equals almost half an hour if you are in a competitive examination. Generally a student write the paper in 60 minutes but on the way he leave many questions which are some problematic. They used to solve those questions in these remaining 15 minutes. But this year the duration of the exam is only 60 minutes that means students will attempt at least 10 questions less than they used to attempt earlier.

By connecting the tow topic to the informative thread, the author has created a new trend at ISC. Nevertheless the new cut off mark increasing means, tough competition ahead for the OC candidates in the exam.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

The exam was held for 19 days in three shifts. 19x3=57 set of question paper. If some papers were difficult and the some were easy. To solve this problem and to award extra marks whose papers were difficult, scaling is done. If you compare the paper mode with online, the difficulty level was very low. Earlier 85-90 used to be cut off for OC now it has gone to 137 in 2016. OBC cut off may be 120-125 and ST/SC 110.
    The greatest wealth in this world is mental peace and good health.

• Sign In to post your comments