You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Reward Programs

Article Contest- "What to do ____ [Emergency Situations]" - Write valuable articles and win Prizes

After a long gap, here we are back with another article contest on "What to do" series. This time we'll be focusing on Emergency Situations which will cover all kind of emergencies including personal as well as those in greater public interests. Topics can vary right from your kitchen to highly equipped laboratories, ranging through lifts, streets, cars, bikes, buses, metro train, highways, flights, flats, floods, earthquake, pickpocket, caught by TC for expired seasonal tickets (!) (statutory warning: we don't encourage travelling without proper tickets), etc. etc.

What to do:
    As the topic says, I think we need to give an explanation! Just write some cool articles on any emergency situations and submit in appropriate category of Articles section and leave a reply here in this thread with a link to your article to be eligible for this contest.

Those who are planning to participate in this contest should select maximum four (04) topics and submit the articles with appropriate links. Further contributions can only be made later. Also, before posting articles, search in ISC for the topics to make sure there are not many articles on the same topic.

Kindly avoid repeating the same topics which somebody has already chosen.

Rules and Regulations:
    Trying not to be cruel with loads of do's & dont's, we have very few basic requirements, as follows:

1. Your article should be on some emergency situation.

2. Your article's title should start with "What to do".

3. After you publish your articles, leave a response in this thread with clickable links to your articles to be eligible for this contest.

4. Editors are also allowed to participate in this contest along with members. Multiple entries are allowed, that means you are allowed to submit as many entries as you wish.

5. Any Articles written prior to this announcement will not be considered as valid entry.

Few Example Topics:

1. What to do when you are suddenly stuck inside lift

2. What to do when your car is stuck in mud

3. What to do when you are very sick and alone but need to board flight

4. What to do when you have broken traffic rule and police has issued challan but you don't have money to pay

5. What to do when your car is not starting and you are stuck in a remote highway

6. What to do when you are stuck in natural disaster

7. What to do when you are stuck in curfew hour

8. What to do when your ATM card is stuck inside the machine during non banking hours

9. What to do when you are feeling suddenly sick and are far away from medical support

10. What to do when you have lost your passport while traveling abroad

11. What to do when you are on tour abroad and have lost your passport

12. What to do when you are living abroad and have lost your passport

13. What to do when your boss is involved in sexual harrasement with you/your colleague

14. What to do to recover your unsaved files if suddenly your PC stops responding

15. ….and the possibilities are unlimited!

Awards:

1. The winner will be awarded with Rs. 250/- and 125 points.
    2. Three runners-up (4, if total valid entries exceeds 15) will be awarded with Rs. 100/- and 50 points each.
    3. If total valid entries exceeds 45:
    i. One additional winner will be considered (joint winner). This additional winner will also get Rs. 250/- with 125 points.
    ii. Two consolation prizes will be awarded with Rs. 50/- and 25 points each.

Last date of submission: 20th September 2017

So what are you waiting for! Use your best creativity and submit entries as much as you wish.

If you have any queries regarding this contest, feel free to ask here as a response to this announcement.
    I am reserving the following topics:-

(a) What to do during cyclone?
    (b) What to do during earthquake?
    (c) What to do during police firing and you are on the scene?
    (d) What to do during and after dog bite?

Kindly also indicate the word-limits.

Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

Regarding word limit and other polices, articles will be reviewed as per article posting guidelines. No separate rule for the contest.
    Regards,
    Sultan.
    Lead Editor - Articles,
    Managing Award Crediting

If success is 1, then its definite that you're starting from Zero!

Interesting topic. Here are the titles that I will be writing on -

1. What to do in case of a fire
    2. What to do if your water breaks
    3. What to do if you are a victim of domestic violence
    4. What to do if brakes fail

"A love affair with knowledge will never end in heartbreak" - Michael Garrett Marino

I would like to write on

1. What to do when there is gas leakage in your house
    2. What to do when you are stuck in a closed elevator / lift
    3. What to do when you have a panic attack

-----------------
    Thanks & Regards
    Kalyani

I prefer to write on following topics-
    1. What to do for a bee sting
    2. What to do for leg cramps
    3. What to do in emergency asthma attack
    4. What to do in emergency high blood pressure

I will submit my entries on the following topics:
    1. What to do in emergency condition of anemia?
    2. What to do during emergency condition on very first day of mensuration cycle?

Honesty is the best policy.

My topics:
    1. What to do in case of snake bite
    2. What to do in case of electric shock
    3. What to do in case of severe chest pain
    4. What to do in case your ATM card is stuck in the ATM machine

Patience and perseverance pays

My topics

1. What to do during flood disaster
    2. What to do when PAN card is lost or damaged
    3. What to do when driving license is lost in India

Everyone, please note that it is advisable to use search box and not repeat the same / similar topic as per instructions.

For example, floods has been covered by this article: How to Stay Safe during Floods . In such a case, if you come across an article which covers the topic, you can give your own input via a comment to that article rather than writing a fresh article on it.

Similarly, the topic suggested in the announcement of losing a passport has been already covered in this article (I had planned to write on it!): How to apply for a duplicate Indian passport. Hence I would suggest not selecting that topic.

When people come at you with their worst, you should come at them with your best (advice given to Selena Gomez by her mother, quoted in Time magazine.)

I will be submitting an article on
    What to do in case of an accident for the car in which you are travelling.

drrao
    always confident

Since two of the topics which I have mentioned above is already present in the articles section, I have decided to change my topics

Here is my list of topics

1. What to do when food gets stuck in the throat
    2. What to do in case of medical emergencies

Soundharya -

The topic 'fire' has been taken by me. I plan to submit a comprehensive article on fire emergencies.

"A love affair with knowledge will never end in heartbreak" - Michael Garrett Marino

Juana- Thanks for notifying me. I will remove the topic " What to do if there is an electrical fire" from my list.

My topics:
    1. What to do when your boss is involved in sexual harassment with you at your work place.
    2. What to do when your car is not starting and you are stuck in a remote highway.
    3. What to do when there is a flash back/ back fire during oxy-acetylene gas welding or cutting process.
    4. What to do when there is a thunder storm.

The greatest wealth in this world is mental peace and good health.

My submission:-
    (a) What to do before, during and after the cyclone?
    (b) What to do before, during and after the earthquake
    (c) What to do during dog attack and after dog bite

Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

Editors,

What is considered duplicating of topics? Supposing, I have a completely different perspective on a topic on which an article has already been submitted. I have enough material to create a fresh article, different from the one submitted, can I go ahead and submit it.

There are some topics where only standard procedures can be listed, (for example what to do if I lose my passport) but there are others where different experiences can be highlighted.

Take the example of 'How to safe during floods' mentioned above. I had posted a response to that article. The tips I provided were not covered in the article. Similarly, I may have tips on other topics that I want to turn into articles – will that be considered duplication?

Please clarify.

I have decided to write on the following topics:

1. What to do if you get lost on a hike
    2. What to do if you see someone drowning

I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep.

Hi Juana,
    We can allow one another article on the same topic, but the condition is your one should be much much better than the already approved one. Also make sure that you are not repeating the topics which somebody has already chosen for the current contest. Article contest is organized to get some fresh contents in the section having good traffic potential.

Regards,
    Sultan.
    Lead Editor - Articles,
    Managing Award Crediting

Thank you for your response Sultan,

What if the content I want to submit is totally different. For instance, I have lived and am living in a cyclone prone area. I have survived many cyclones and have first-hand experience of the situation and have tips that could really help people.

None of the tips that I want to share is mentioned in the article on the same topic, submitted by Partha.

Would my article, based on my years of experience be disqualified, even though it would be completely different from the content shared in Partha's article? Since, in your own words, article contest is organised to get fresh content in the section. Please consider that I will also be providing fresh content, much of which will not be available on the net. A lot of what I want to share on the topic is what I do when cyclones hit.

Hi Juana,
    Experience, expertise and detailed articles are really precious for us. We will definitely like to have your detailed article but it may not be considered as contest entry. Considering as a special request, go ahead and submit your article and I can assure you that it'll be given best deserved recognition.

Regards,
    Sultan.
    Lead Editor - Articles,
    Managing Award Crediting

Once the contest topic chosen by someone it should not be allowed the other author to write on the same topic.

Here is my entry:
    1. What to do when you become blank in an examination hall?

Regards,
    Jagdish

My submissions would be

1.what to do in case of a medical emergency.
    2.what to do when you see a road traffic accident victim on your way to work.

Mr. Sultan
    I must applaud this excellent initiative. 'What to do in emergency situations'. The real value of this will only be understood people who have faced such a situation.

Firstly, I think there would be many contributors with different views on the same topic. For instance the gentleman who lives in a cyclone affected area. His views would be valuable when compared to a general contribution. So I suggest that the review board can pick up 2-3 best articles on a common topic and accept them.
    Secondly could I suggest that once the competition closes, please collate the articles
    a. based on the situation ( emergencies at home, on the road, travel, legal document related etc)
    b. publish a final article that would like a ready-reckoner or a coffee table book that people can download into their tabs or print out for quick reference.

Here is my competition entry:
    1. What to do when your boss is involved in sexual harassment with you at your work place.

2. What to do when your car is not starting and you are stuck in a remote highway.

3. What to do in case of back fire/ flash back in gas welding.

4. What to do when there is a thunder storm.

5. What to do when there is a snake bite.

6. What to do if high tension wire falls on your car.

I would like to submit my following entries for the contest

1. What to do when you meet a human trafficked victim who is on the run from her abusers
    2. What to do when a girl is followed at night by strangers while she is returning home

Here are my entries-
    1. What to do after a bee sting
    2. What to do for a bee sting allergy and anaphylaxis
    3. What to do for sudden leg cramps- Treatment and prevention
    4. What to do during an emergency asthma attack: Part-1
    5. What to do during an emergency asthma attack: Part-2
    6. What to do in hypertensive crisis: Hypertensive urgency and hypertensive emergency
    7. What to do to immediately fix extra salty food: Part-1
    8. What to do to immediately fix extra salty food: Part-2

Here is my entry for the contest.
    What to do immediately in case of a car accident in which you are traveling

drrao
    always confident

My entry

1. What to do in case of a medical emergency

2. What to do when food gets stuck in the throat

Below is my entry for the contest

What to do in case of severe Kidney Stone Attack

I am submitting my article for the entry at -

What to do when you are isolated in a hilly village due to land slide

Knowledge is power.

I have submitted the following two articles:

1. What to do if you are lost hiking in the mountains
    2. What to do if you see someone drowning

I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep.

Friends, dropping the article topic, 'What to do in case of a snake bite' from my list. Others are free to take it up. Sorry for the inordinate delay in doing so.

My new topic for competition entry:
    5.What to do in case of a snake bite?
    6. What to do if high tension wire falls on your car.

My new entries are-
    5. What to do to fix extra salty food
    6. What to do in accidental knife injuries

Here are my entries for the contest -

1. What to do in case of domestic violence
    2. What to do to support someone experiencing domestic violence
    3. What to do if you are trapped in a fire
    4. What to do if the brakes on your car fail
    5. What to do if you have to deliver a baby in an emergency
    6. What to do when a cyclone hits
    7. What to do to save your plants after a heavy rain
    8. What to do when faced with cooking disaters
    9. What to do if you are being stalked
    10. What to do in an emotionally abusive relationship - How to cope with silent treatment

My entry for this competition:

1) What to do if there is triage at your workplace.

Vikas Srivastava
    "Rise and Shine"-Each day and night.

My entries for the contest

What to do in case your ATM card gets stuck inside the ATM machine

What to do in case of electric shock

My entries for the contest

1.resources/172562-What-to-do-in-case-of-a-medical-emergency.

2. resources/172561-What-to-do-when-you-see-a-road-traffic-accident-victim-on-your-way-to-work.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.