Article Contest- "What to do ____ [Emergency Situations]" - Write valuable articles and win PrizesAfter a long gap, here we are back with another article contest on "What to do" series. This time we'll be focusing on Emergency Situations which will cover all kind of emergencies including personal as well as those in greater public interests. Topics can vary right from your kitchen to highly equipped laboratories, ranging through lifts, streets, cars, bikes, buses, metro train, highways, flights, flats, floods, earthquake, pickpocket, caught by TC for expired seasonal tickets (!) (statutory warning: we don't encourage travelling without proper tickets), etc. etc.
What to do:
As the topic says, I think we need to give an explanation! Just write some cool articles on any emergency situations and submit in appropriate category of Articles section and leave a reply here in this thread with a link to your article to be eligible for this contest.
Those who are planning to participate in this contest should select maximum four (04) topics and submit the articles with appropriate links. Further contributions can only be made later. Also, before posting articles, search in ISC for the topics to make sure there are not many articles on the same topic.
Kindly avoid repeating the same topics which somebody has already chosen.
Rules and Regulations:
Trying not to be cruel with loads of do's & dont's, we have very few basic requirements, as follows:
- Your article should be on some emergency situation.
- Your article's title should start with "What to do".
- After you publish your articles, leave a response in this thread with clickable links to your articles to be eligible for this contest.
- Editors are also allowed to participate in this contest along with members. Multiple entries are allowed, that means you are allowed to submit as many entries as you wish.
- Any Articles written prior to this announcement will not be considered as valid entry.
Few Example Topics:
- What to do when you are suddenly stuck inside lift
- What to do when your car is stuck in mud
- What to do when you are very sick and alone but need to board flight
- What to do when you have broken traffic rule and police has issued challan but you don't have money to pay
- What to do when your car is not starting and you are stuck in a remote highway
- What to do when you are stuck in natural disaster
- What to do when you are stuck in curfew hour
- What to do when your ATM card is stuck inside the machine during non banking hours
- What to do when you are feeling suddenly sick and are far away from medical support
- What to do when you have lost your passport while traveling abroad
- What to do when you are on tour abroad and have lost your passport
- What to do when you are living abroad and have lost your passport
- What to do when your boss is involved in sexual harrasement with you/your colleague
- What to do to recover your unsaved files if suddenly your PC stops responding
….and the possibilities are unlimited!
1. The winner will be awarded with Rs. 250/- and 125 points.
2. Three runners-up (4, if total valid entries exceeds 15) will be awarded with Rs. 100/- and 50 points each.
3. If total valid entries exceeds 45:
i. One additional winner will be considered (joint winner). This additional winner will also get Rs. 250/- with 125 points.
ii. Two consolation prizes will be awarded with Rs. 50/- and 25 points each.
Last date of submission: 20th September 2017
So what are you waiting for! Use your best creativity and submit entries as much as you wish.
If you have any queries regarding this contest, feel free to ask here as a response to this announcement.