You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Yoga Guru Ramdev Baba taking on guitar for a new channel show is not syncing well with his liker

We all know that Yoga Guru Ramdev Baba has earned his name through his yogic exercises and he has now forayed into various business ideas too giving sleepless nights and turf competition to MNC's . But he has now started appearing in a new channel promoting our rich culture in different way with Nayi soch tag and Ramdev is appearing with guitar in his hand. I think if one has the reputation and that should not be spoiled with cheap gimmicks and that may spoil the trust kept by his followers. What is your view on this ?
    Mr Mohan, you have said what I was about to post. Its okey to hold musical instruments when you have some question or would like to know. It is also ok if you do not know to play a instrument but wants to take photo with such instruments. But, I would hardly digest a so called BABA who has no knowledge of music, even do not know how to hold a guitar properly, strumming on it. It is just disgusting to see such scene where just to promote the channel these dramas are done.

I honestly oppose such idiotic mind behind it. It is just nothing but insult to a musical instrument.

This is another so called Baba who need to be watched. I think it is his Patanjali group that has gained the most from our Prime Minister's 'Make in India' program. I happened to see him doing all sort of funny things in the Kapil Sharma Show a few days back and felt pity on his followers rather than him because I found it hard to digest that he had people following him considering him to be a spiritual leader. And he had indeed exposed his mastery in Yoga during a demonstration in the Ramlila Maidan.
    'Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance'- Confucius

Saji, my reply was without any political thought but I am surprise to see you don't leave any chance to show down current government. What would editor will say in your reply, you people are ready to delete the post which you think unnecessary but look at your response now. How you have involved politics in such simple post which was not needed.

I am taking my reply's snapshot and if you delete this I will come back in another thread to question you.

I also feel it is not at all advisable for a man like Ramdev Baba to use this kind gimmicks for getting fan following. In fact I 100% agree with Jeets that he even don't know how to hold a guitar properly. He is good in making some products which are being sold all over India and that way helping India to some extent. He has taken a timely decision and gained popularity from Make in India program. He gained reputation as a Yoga Guru after his performance in the Ramlila Maidan. People also don't follow one person blindly. They might have liked his yoga skills. So he should not think that people will like him for whatever he does. That is a wrong thinking. He should not go down to such levels.
    drrao
    always confident

A person may have interest in various areas. Baba Ramdev has been promoting Yoga, herbal products, agricultural products, beauty products, etc. Earlier he also promoted wrestling and had a bout with Sushil Kumar, the olympic award winning wrestler, a year before. Now I have heard that he is planning to take over a television channel promoting spirituality. If he promotes a tv channel with guitar, is there any harm? After all, he is not promoting cigarette, wine, ganja or any other drugs.

Why can't a Sadhu play guitar? Is it prohibited in Hindu scriptures?

Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

Partha, there is no prohibition for playing any musical instrument in any religion as far as I know, correct me if I am wrong. But, it would be better if celebrity and Baba like him stop showing case his ability in which they have no knowledge. It does goes the wrong message. And, he was not playing, do you think he was? He is just showing off with a smile which does not look genuine with the situation. I felt as if he is mocking with the instrument and nothing else.

May be general people do not know the importance of music or musical instrument but we people those who are involved in the music world, certainly won't digest it and take it easily.

A wealthy couple of Indian origin, who say they are the followers of Ramdev, donated an Island in Scotland to him.
    An Island gifted to Baba!
    The activities in that island are suspicious. This Baba has violated foreign exchange law many times.

Mr. Jeets: I fully understand your view. You are an expert guitar player. So, you won't like some novice trying to play guitar in front of tv cameras. But this is only a marketing ploy. There is nothing to criticize in this. A veena is there with Goddess Saraswati, Rishi Narad plays a musical instrument. These prove that Hinduism considers music and musical instruments very highly, unlike some other religions.
    We should consider the activity of Baba Ramdev in this manner.

Mr. Neeraj: Why don't you submit the evidence to IT authorities and Enforcement Directorate? Go on, give it a try.

Who are you to advise me to show the evidence against this Baba, Mr Parta Kansbanik?
    Babas are thriving everywhere in India under patronage of various politicians.
    People should be conscious while dealing with these fake Babas.

Mr. Neeraj: I also know that 'Babas are thriving everywhere under patronage of various politicians'. So it is our duty to expose those 'fake babas', isn't it? So, the evidence against those 'fake babas' should be handed over to the appropriate authority. Mentioning these without evidence in social media won't serve the purpose.

So, please submit the evidence to IT authorities and Enforcement Directorate instead of mentioning in social media.

[P.S.: Kindly write my name properly. This is as per the directive of ISC.]

First of all Mr Neeraj you are sounding very rude to Mr Partha who looks very senior and respected person.
    Secondly, I never liked or followed so called Babas living in our India. Whether he plays guitar, wrestles or does social work it does not harms me or entertain me as I do not follow his principals or ideologies. I have a useful tool with me which is called as remote I used that to tune on sports and news rather than watching such reality shows.

I want members to respond only to the content and never indulge in mudslinging.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

I also agree with Partha Sir, there is no harm if Ramadev baba is showed playing Guitar in the reality show. May be if he also like doing that. Ramdev Baba has been teaching people long on his Yoga skills, he has many followers. His Patanjali products have helped people a lot in various treatments because they were Ayurvedic. Some people might not like this act, because he has always showcased himself in a normal saint look, teaching Yogic exercises and providing great advise to his followers. I have never found him fake. It is a thought, that whosoever comes into the television especially in a reality show, and is not matching the criteria of awesome looks or knowing dance or music, people think that those people do not deserve to be there. Even if it is a publicity stunt, how does it matter, until it causes any problem to people.
    Do what inspires you !!

We had a discussion regarding this in our workplace and every one had agreed in unison that his action was not going too well.

Many of his products though it claims to be Ayurveda but has chemicals beyond the permissible level. There has been 81 cases registered against him as far as I have read one of them being misleading the consumers through advertisement by claiming it is purely Ayurveda.

With all due respect I would like to disagree with Mr Partha that only Hinduism considered music highly.

At the same time Mr Neeraj, it was a bit rude to write like that to Mr Partha.

Difference of opinions should be respected.

My earlier statement relating to music is quoted: "These prove that Hinduism considers music and musical instruments very highly, unlike some other religions. "
    -------------
    Does this sentence mean "only Hinduism considered music highly"? For example, I do know that Sikhism also gives tremendous importance on music.

@607295
    Hi,Dudani ji! Good morning!
    When I commented about Baba Ramdev"s Foreign Exchange violation deeds which were reported by our entire main stream Medias, he is asking me to produce evidence to IT and ED departments!
    Which means what?
    His lack of knowledge about this incedent? Or his intolerance towards my views/facts?
    What is your opinion about a senior and respected person's response towards other members?

Partha, I feel there should be limit when one should give the respect of people's profession. I never said that he or anyone should not play musical instrument. Of course music is in our tradition whether it is in Hindu religion or others. My objection is not he holding the guitar but truly mocking, Look at his laugh and smile, does it look genuine? Is his action looks innocent? NO, this is where I object.

In bollywood movie too, from Rishi Kapoor to Shahrukh Khan, the way they handled their guitar or musical instrument is just not advisable. But, who will tell them, people just need money and popularity no matter how they get it.

• Sign In to post your comments