You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Competition Entries

How to make a link in competition entries.

I am new to ISC and wish to participate in contests but does not know the procedure and how to make link to the entry
    Please help.

Done by editor
    Please check below, how you can make links of your posts particularly in contest announcement threads

Non-review of my article
    Ms. Gupta: Let us suppose you are going to submit this particular Forum post in a contest. Then the procedure is:

1. Go to the contest thread.

2. Post the following link as a response to the contest thread: How to make a link in competition entries.

3. Submit the same.

4. The specific command for link can be found in this article: Cross promote your posts by linking your resources each other

Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

It just an HTML tag with link see the skeleton or schema for this (a href=yourlinkprovidedby browser and in between you write the entry name close the 'a' tag ).
    A blunt knife or rusted knife can't be useful for anything just for the sake we call it as the knife similar to PayTM series or Sachin or Virat records.

Bharti, please go through this help topic to know about posting clickable links.

Partha, the first link you provided is leading to this thread only. Kindly check.

'Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance'- Confucius

Mr. Ganesh: I tried to give a practical example to link the thread. I took the present thread to demonstrate "a href" command-but I was not successful.
    Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Here is the snipping tool shot of the link which can be followed in future.
    K Mohan

Delete Attachment

When I was new to the site, I had also faced the same problem. I sought help from the members in the forum section and they were really helpful. I got many replies but being a layman in HTML language, I could not make out anything.

At last, Juana Madam sent me a personal message explaining the procedure step by step. And the thing became clear to me.
    I was interested to send you that tips but I cannot do so since I don't have the facility to send any personal message.
    Hope any member would definitely help you as I was helped by the said respected member.

I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep.

I also struggled a lot initially to do this link. But one of the Editors helped me and from that I learned how to do it and I an doing now the same. You try as advised by Mohan.
    drrao
    always confident

I am still not clear . It will be great if linking is explained with example.

Please read my link attachment with interest and you may know that after href = one inverted comma is visible. There you enter the url of the page which wanted to be given link. Then the comma would close. The after blank" > there you mention the heading to be appeared.
    K Mohan

Bharti, did you go through the help topic in the link I provided? Where are you stuck now?
    'Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance'- Confucius

Bharti
    Click on the edit but of this thread of yours and check how I made the internal linking of one of your threads. After you confirm here that you understood / it is clear to you, I will delete that internal linking.

Explaining again for a better understanding:
    1. Type open angle bracket <
    2. Without leaving space type a
    3. Leave one space and type href="
    4. Copy paste the url of your post (a thread or article. Hope you know what is a url. If not feel free to ask here in this thread.) and type "
    5. Type close angle bracket >
    6. Type the title of the thread / article
    7. Type open angle bracket <
    8. Type slash / (slash is compulsory for closing html tags)
    9. Type a
    10. Type close angle bracket >

That's it. Hope it's clear now.

-----------------
    Thanks & Regards
    Kalyani

• Sign In to post your comments