You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Suggestions

Report or flagging a thread option should be activated.

Dear sir,

I know India study channel has a good editorial team and they actively locks the threads which are irrelevant and nonsense. Upon going through I found this particular thread About dress of Sania, Sindhu .

I find such threads disrespectful towards the sports person and even towards woman. The concerned person is eager to see their dress not their game. They have brought so much of proud to our country still some narrow minded people's mentality is stuck in dress for the sake of Indian tradition. They can watch anything on Cinema hall but can't tolerate our Olympic winners specially girls promoting sports and woman empowerment.

My advice to the author of that thread stop watching their dresses and watch their game.

I find such discussion very low standard, disrespectful and lagging woman behind in the name of clothes. My suggestion to ISC to create a option so that users can also report or flag a thread so that editorial team can permanently delete them. Also, I humbly request editors to delete that dress discussion thread and up raise the standards of ISC.

I am waiting for quick comment from editorial team specially.
    Good suggestion from the author and the editorial team may consider his suggestion in the larger interest of the site so that unwanted threads if spotted by others can be reported and deleted.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Totally Agree.

I don't understand why that particular thread mentioned by the author was allowed by the Editor. I would like to think that it was a genuine mistake.
    Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

Even I agree with the opinion of the author.
    Do what inspires you !!

That thread is getting more uncomfortable and disturbing to read especially the comments initiated by the author.

I hope that the thread either gets deleted or locked as its very disturbing for such a good educational site as this.

Bishes Dudani, nice to see you back in action after a long time. The thread under reference was allowed for two reasons- firstly, though the query by the author was innocent (as we perceive), we thought it would be better if members would come forward to enlighten the author that one should be watching sports and take it in that spirit instead of looking into how much skin is exposed and secondly, by the time the thread was noticed by the editors, it already had four to five responses and all those were speaking the same point. Editors generally lock/ delete such threads but at times we allow some threads after discussion within the team due to certain other reasons too.

Regarding your suggestion regarding flagging, it is a technical matter and need to be looked into by the admin. But I don't think such a facility is required because members are always free to post a response in such threads suggesting, with reasons, as to why it should not be allowed.

The said thread has been locked as the point of discussion has been answered and further discussion may not proceed in a healthy manner.

'Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance'- Confucius

Saji Ganesh, Few years ago I was regular contributor but due to professional commitments I visit here often to read some forum threads. Your reply is not as per satisfactory level. The thread was not innocent and meaningless. It should be deleted not just locked.

I have noticed few people here write responses only after reading the title, they do not read entire thread hence he got some replies on that. You think there is no need but I think there is need of reporting or flagging threads.

Lastly, such threads are like poison towards our society. If you or your team are not deleting this then I must say you and your entire team is supporting suck sick and cheap discussions about woman attire and skin whether in innocent or healthy whatever manner.

I will be boycotting your website for forever and separating myself from ISC.

A member who regularly comes out to post against women, against Hindi Language, against north Indians, is said "innocent" by our Editor, it is just surprising. If anyone goes through the author record of the post one can easily understand his mentality. Yet, his posts are innocent and allowed to post. Here, the rules are different of different members.

I am the superstar of the delted Forum threads closely followed by Mr. K. Mohan. And as Mr. Jeets has mentioned, meaningless rant against cricketers, sportspersons, other languages are allowed. The locked thread which is being discussed here is a perfect example of medieval mentality. So I didn't respond in that thread.
    Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

Since the author has decided to boycott the site, there is no point in keeping this thread open. Hence locked.
    'Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance'- Confucius

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.