You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Problems/Complaints

Surprised to find my name missing from the RSB

The RSB announcement does not have my name and that surprises me.

The total points that I accumulated in the month of July 2017 are more than some of the members whose name appear in the list. I am taking into account the number of points gained in all sections + the number of points in the resource section.

I am providing just three examples from 01 July 2017 - 31 July 2017 –

1. Asha Kurian – 326 in all sections + 250 for resource section – Total 576 points
    2. Venkiteswaran – 490 in all sections + 0 for resource section – Total 490 points
    3. Sun – 591 in all sections + 0 for resource section – Total 591 points

I earned 499 in all sections + 215 for resource section – Total 714 points. My point tally is clearly more than the points accumulated by the three members that I have listed in the example.

Is there something wrong with my calculation? Is there a reason why my points weren't considered?
    Yes I am also surprised . I also checked the point tally . Your name is three step above me and the difference of points in resource section is only 20 . The total points of you is 499 +215= 714 and of mine is 390+235= 625. It means you got 89 more points than me. How is it possible that your name is not in the list of RSB. I got Rs. 251 RSB.
    Let wait for a response from admin or Timmy M. John about the this matter where we are wrong or there is a technical mistake.

Honesty is the best policy.

Seven members who have fewer points than me have received RSB. So, yes it does surprise me too.
    "A love affair with knowledge will never end in heartbreak" - Michael Garrett Marino

This post clearly seek the explanation from the concerned at ISC as to how the RSB has been calculated. When ISC is transparent on many issues, let the webmaster Timmy clarify this issue too to remove any doubts.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

I also feel it astonishing when I don't find the name of a regular like Ms. Juana in the list. Most probably there is a calculation mistake and the Webmasters would rectify it.
    Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

Juana Madam is one of the best and topmost contributors of this site. Her contributions particularly in the article section are worth reading. Like Partha Sir, I also feel that there is a calculation mistake and the same needs to be amended at the earliest.
    I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep.

The omission may not be intentional but a mistake by Timmy.

I request Juana to send a PM to Timmy John to have the problem solved by including your name on the list

No life without Sun

Don't worry Juana, I am reporting the issue to WM Timmy sir. Please wait for his response.
    -----------------
    Thanks & Regards
    Kalyani

Sun, it may be the mistake but how do we know unless we bring out in notice? However, we the member ask to report in "forum" too if we have any complaint or issue other than doing PM.

Shall I get cc for my response?

Yes. It is the place to mention our grievances. Juana has done correctly by coming here with her thread. Now Kalyani has already taken the issue to the concerned. A clarity will come soon.
    drrao
    always confident

I had expected this to be resolved before the August 2017 Cash Payment Announcement.
    "A love affair with knowledge will never end in heartbreak" - Michael Garrett Marino

As you have earned 499 in all sections + 215 for resource section – Total 714 points. Your point tally is clearly more than the points accumulated by the three members that you have listed in the example. There will be calculating the total points or there will be some other criteria please wait for the reason. Your query will be cleared by webmaster.I hope you will get the prize. Best of luck.

I wish our WM Timmy John to correct his mistake and award a special sum as compensatory allowance for his mistake of omitting Juana from the RSB list.
    No life without Sun

I think the confusion galore of payment has been more this time. My son Aditya Mohan who has credit of 610 rupees in his profile has not got the payment announcement this time too. New members should get payment so that they get interest on this site to contribute.
    K Mohan

Mr. Mohan, only first time a member can get up to 300/- credit in his/her account. Afterwards, one can get credited only if he/she has 700/- or over in his/her account. If it is your son's first payment, he should get and if not he has to wait for 700/- amount to get credited.

I think some of the old members may be aware of the criterion or formula for arriving at RSB and in all probability it must have been done through some computer program rather then manually. It is not practically possible to do such mammoth computations manually also.

In such a case the question of mistake in calculating RSB does not arise until unless there is some bug in the program itself.

Anyway we all be hearing from the WM regarding this and then only our curiosity will get resolved.

Knowledge is power.

Jeets my son was not paid before. It was his first earning from ISC which has got accumulated by small adding by his contributions now and then, He should have paid long back and hence I complained here.
    K Mohan

Juana,

The revenue share bonus calculation is an automated system where the system automatically picks the top members and their share based on the predefined calculator. One reason your calculation may be different from the system calculation is, the system excludes points earned from a bunch of categories like virtual gifts, prizes, awards, photos etc. I can't remember the exact sections that are excluded but we have an algorithm defined several years ago to automatically exclude certain sections for the purpose of revenue share calculation. We never manually interfere in this calculation except when some fake members get into this.

regards,
    Tony John
    Webmaster - IndiaStudyChannel.com

Tony,

Thank you for your response. There appears to be a flaw in the automated system.

I participated in just three sections, in the month of July. And I believe all three are eligible for the RSB -

• Resource section
    • Forum
    • Forum Responses

I have not included points earned via Awards, prizes and gifts. If I include those points my total would be higher.

I am attaching a screen shot.

Delete Attachment

I would humbly like to add that nowadays receiving virtual gift does not ensure addition of 5 points per gift. This system (5 points for each virtual gift) has been discontinued some months ago.
    Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

Tony,

I am sharing Soundharya's Score Board, for the same period. She and I participated in more or less the same sections – she contributed in the Information Updates, which I didn't. Her point tally is less than mine in all sections and yet she received the RSB. And I have not counted the points earned through awards etc.

• Resource section I earned 215 points – Soundharya earned 195 points
    • Resource response I earned 0 points - Soundharya earned 2 points
    • Forum I earned 30 points - Soundharya earned 25 points
    • Forum response I earned 236 - Soundharya earned 50 points
    • Information updates I earned 0 points - Soundharya earned 60 points

I am not doubting what you stated, but there is a likelihood of something being amiss with the automated system and it needs to be checked.

Delete Attachment

Everyone - please do not raise other issues in this thread. The topic of this thread is the RSB issue only.

K Mohan - if Aditya had an issue with not receiving payment, then he could have raised a thread himself and requested to know why he was ineligible for payment.

When people come at you with their worst, you should come at them with your best (advice given to Selena Gomez by her mother, quoted in Time magazine.)

My apologies. I have just discovered there was a problem. More details can be found here:
    defect in revenue share bonus system

regards,
    Tony John
    Webmaster - IndiaStudyChannel.com

The only thing I can say is that it sometimes pays to be insistent. Had I relented, this fault would perhaps not have been discovered.

Thanks Juana. Due to your efforts, a faulty scoring system got fixed and now other members will also be alert to checking their points thoroughly.
    When people come at you with their worst, you should come at them with your best (advice given to Selena Gomez by her mother, quoted in Time magazine.)

Vandana , you know that Aditya being my son, he has left the earning part claiming on my shoulder and I was expecting the cash payment every month for him and this time too when it was not announced I raised the issue.
    K Mohan

Thank you, everyone, for rallying in support.

There is something spooky going on here. I had submitted two attachments in separate posts, the first one was a screenshot of my score board and the second that of Soundharya. Now, both attachments are of Soundharya's score board.

Juana,

I have requested Tony Sir to check out the ghostly activity!

• Sign In to post your comments