You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: AdSense Revenue Sharing

Eligibility Criteria for Revenue Share Bonus

Yesterday, Revenue Share Bonus for July was announced by the WM. Many members have been endowed with the benefits.
    Juana mam has posted a complaint that she was also eligible because she has more points than many members who have been provided RSB.
    Can anyone tell me the eligibility criteria for RSB and how to calculate points to check whether I am eligible or not?
    Top 20 members with highest points (at the end of the month) are eligible for receiving revenue share bonus. This is calculated based on the total points earned by the member in the specific month.

Updated: Points earned in the article section will be doubled. That means, if a member contributes 3 articles in a given month and earns 50 + 75 + 60 points for his 3 articles, for RSB, these points will be doubled and calculated as 100 + 150 + 120.

-----------------
    Thanks & Regards
    Kalyani

I want to add a few more points to what Kalyani has mentioned -

1. The points awarded for contests and awards etc. are not included.
    2. The points earned in the resource section are doubled. So, if a member earns 400 points in all the sections (resource section included) and has earned 70 points in the resource section the 70 points will be added once more to the total, making it 470.

Please refer to this thread for further clarification - Introducing another Revenue Share Program in ISC. Hope this helps.

"A love affair with knowledge will never end in heartbreak" - Michael Garrett Marino

Oops! while updating my response, your response was not there Juana.
    -----------------
    Thanks & Regards
    Kalyani

I am very ashamed to admit that even after almost two years, I didn't know that points earned in Articles section are doubled for the purpose of calculating RSB. Sincere thanks to Ms. Kalyani and Ms. Juana. Learning everyday!
    Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

Kalyani,

That is fine it happens. And in this case, it also helps brings in more clarity, as both of us have explained the same point with two different examples.

Gaurav,

You can track your points here - Top Performers by Date.

"A love affair with knowledge will never end in heartbreak" - Michael Garrett Marino

It mean members who are not working for articles and only working on forum and ask expert section will not be eligible for this award.Please share link of that aware of all points for this award.
    Santosh Kumar Singh
    (Sr. Microsoft Dynamics Axapta Technical,Mumbai)

Santosh,

Where did you get "...only working on forum and ask expert section will not be eligible for this award" from? Please go through the responses carefully. Both Kalyani and I have stated that points from ALL our contributions are taken into consideration for calculating the Revenue Share Bonus. Points accumulated in the resource section are doubled.

If you have 30 points in the resource section they will be doubled to 60 for calculating the RSB. The rest of the points remain the same but are used in the calculation.

Please check the link that I provided in my response #607534.

Santosh
    You haven't understood properly. It's nothing like that. All the members are eligible for RSB. It's the total points earned in a given month that is taken into consideration for calculating RSB. However, the points earned in Article section will be doubled for RSB.

Hope it's clear.

-----------------
    Thanks & Regards
    Kalyani

I want to thank every member for their valuable inputs.

In the month of August, I earned 285 points in resource section only and that will count 570 as per rule of RSB. I have not included the points earned in other sections. I can see my name in the top 20 members who have earned highest point in last 30 days.
    As per rule I should also be provided RSB, shouldn't I?

The RSB is calculated for the previous month. The RSB announcement is for the month of July. So, the points accumulated in the month of July are considered. Your points are for the month of August.

All these days I also don't know the method of calculating points for RSB, I am of the opinion that total points are taken as it. From this thread I learned that points earned in article section will be doubled. That means persons who are contributing more in Article section will have better chances to get RSB. Sp everyone should try for writing more articles. Nice.
    drrao
    always confident

• Sign In to post your comments