You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Desperately trying to fall in love

After a long and impatient wait, she arrived on 31st August. She was sent very securely. My daughter and I were eager to see her face. We brought her out. She is sleek. Her colour is jet black. My colleagues found her trustworthy. She has many new and different features. They certified her quality.

But I find very hard to get acquainted with her. Her new features make me uncomfortable. My daughter is teaching me to handle her. I am learning, but as a slow learner I realise that it would take more time to be comfortable with her. My mind as well as my fingers is still occupied by my old love.

Nevertheless, I am desperately trying to fall in love with her. I am writing this Forum post using her-my brand new laptop.
    Congratulations on the new acquisition.

Looks like you were coerced into buying your new gadget. Do not worry, you will gradually learn to love it. Think of it as an arranged marriage, where love happens, eventually. Similarly, you will begin to love the new laptop that you have bought.

If you do not mind sharing the details I would like to know which make and model you bought. I am also looking to buy a new laptop.

"A love affair with knowledge will never end in heartbreak" - Michael Garrett Marino

Madam, the details of my laptop:

""Dell Vostro 3468 14-inch Laptop (7th Gen i3/4GB/1TB/Windows 10/Integrated Graphics), Black with Pre-loaded with MS Office"

Thanks for your good wishes.

Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

You explained an arrival of a laptop in a great detail and you surprised me.
    An awesome artistic description of a domestic gadget! As Juana said, I too hope that you'll get acquainted with this new member in your family and hope that you'll make a great use of it.

The stronger a light shines the darker are the shadows around it.

Once again another interesting satire told in form of a short story in the particular style of the author same as in some of his earlier posts. I mention it because I relish them.

Windows 10 will take some time for getting aquainted and after some teething troubles things will be OK. There are so many options and facilities that eventually one will love this robust and quick piece of gadget.

Anyway I congratulate you to get a machine which will further increase the intensity of creative writer inside you. Your style of writing reminds me of one site (www.cracked.com) where the entries by humour or satire writers is published and it is well renumerated also. Just in case if you are interested in that after you find time beyond ISC activities.

Knowledge is power.

Congratulations to the author for his new laptop. The author has narrated the arrival very poetic. Very ell narration. I fall in love with your narration. My company has given me a new laptop 3 months back which is also from Dell. I don't know the complete configuration. But it is windows 10 version only. I am quite comfortable in using it.
    You try soon you will fall in love with her. Like Juana said love after marriage, which is very interesting. Have a good time on the new gadget.

drrao
    always confident

Wow what a way to introduce your laptop in a most filmy style and I really enjoyed. From the writing I can guess the author's obsession for loving and expressing love. Surely his wife must be very blessed to have a true lover as the husband.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Congratulations Sir, for the new laptop. At the same time, the way of giving the information about acquiring a new laptop is really unique.
    I hope your threads would now be more crisp and enjoyable. Eagerly waiting for some entertaining threads from your end.

I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep.

When I read the first two line, I thought author is describing some kind of pet, in the next two lines I came to know its a new gadget. I thought the author has bought some new smartphone. It was only in the last line that I came to know it's laptop. What a narration it is!.
    Congratulation sir! I know you don't need to fall in love with her, she will fall for you.

• Sign In to post your comments