You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Problems/Complaints

Need clarification on rejection of College submission

Yesterday I had added some new colleges but two of my posts were rejected by the editor saying that they were already posted and link was also provided.
    When I checked the link, I found that the University to which colleges are affiliated was different from the original one. I had added the college with all the correct information and I always check for already submitted college by the University name to which they are affiliated. I deserve the points and credits for the time I invested in looking for the information and then posting here at ISC.
    I don't know who is and how to communicate with the concerned editor. It is my humble request to please check the thorough information of college rejected and do the needful.
    Thank you !
    Your concern is forwarded to the section editor. Pls wait for a response from the editor.
    -----------------
    Thanks & Regards
    Kalyani

Gaurav, for a better clarification could you please post the links of rejected colleges. Also, it is very necessary to double check if the college that you are going to post has already been submitted here or not. For this, you should not only check with the university name but by the college name as well.

Here is the link of the colleges which were deleted
    link 1
    link 2
    And I think its easy and convenient to search for college by the name of University and state to which they belong because even a small mistake in the college name does not show any result.
    And if the college is submitted with correct information then it must be in the list college under university, they are affiliated with.

Today two more posts in the college section have been put in pending, claiming that the website address is incorrect but actually they are correct. I am putting the link of both of the colleges here.
    link 01
    link 02
    Please the check link and do the needful.

Gaurav, since both the colleges have been rejected, you need to post both the colleges afresh.

The colleges which have been put in pending status, they are opening to suspended pages. You need to provide correct official website of the college.

Suman
    The edit history shows that the two deleted posts are approved. So, no need to re-post those two as it will become duplicate posting.

-----------------
    Thanks & Regards
    Kalyani

I don't know what's wrong with the link, when I opened it in my laptop, it worked but when I am trying to open it in my phone its showing suspended.

But Kalyani mam, both the colleges which have been already approved contain misleading information. The university with which they are affiliated is different from the one which was submitted by some other guy. I don't understand how the editors approved and verified the post.
    I submitted both the colleges only when I didn't find them in the college list of concerned University, but instead of deleting the previous post that contains false information, mine was deleted.
    Why should I suffer for the mistakes of an editor.

Your problem is not clear. Are those 2 college posts submitted by you or some other member? Here's what you have to do if those were submitted by some other member:

Scroll down the page where you will find these words 'Did you find any wrong or incomplete information here? Please submit correct information (... and earn revenue)'. Click on the 'submit' button to update / correct the information that you find is incorrectly provided by the other member.

In case those 2 posts are submitted by you, you can click the edit button to correct the information.

Hope it's clear to you now.

-----------------
    Thanks & Regards
    Kalyani

Mam,
    I checked for college submitted under B.N. Mandal University and found that I could add some new colleges to the list. So, I added some new colleges, out of which two of my submission were deleted and the reason provided was that they were already submitted.
    The problem begins here, if the college had been already submitted then it must be in the list of the University to which they are affiliated but they were not there. When I checked the link provided in the response of rejection of my submission, I found that the member who had submitted the colleges earlier had put it under different University. It is a blunder on the part of editors that they approved the post without verifying it.
    I don't think it makes any sense to delete my post because I put in a lot of time and effort to collect the information and then writing the description to post here at ISC. If the former member had made some mistake then his post should be deleted. Why mine?

I am restricted from posting any update there. I have no idea on how to get the permission to update information in college section.

Gaurav, please let it on the part of editors to decide whose post to be deleted and whose not. As you claim that you have put in a lot of time and effort to collect information, the other member has also invested that much time and effort to post information here. I have already told you to search via both the mode - University and Colleges search. As LE Kalyani ma'm has already told you that if you find any incorrect information, you could always correct it via the update information in colleges section. We are looking as to why you are restricted from posting colleges update. Please bear us till then.

Gaurav,

Regarding adding of updates - members do not necessarily have the automatic access to add an update. Those who do not, have to put in a request for access. Now you do have the access so let us know if you are able to submit an update.

Note: When the permission to post updates is given, it is simultaneously for three sections, namely schools, colleges and the My India section.

Keep smiling...one day life will get tired of upsetting you.

I am still getting the restriction message there.

Gaurav,

Whenever you raise an issue, please be more specific and give URLs where required. "There" means where exactly? Log out and log in again, try posting an update and let us know.

Also, please note - you should submit college posts the way I guided you for reviews, with headings in h3 tags. The text you are putting in looks very cluttered. We would very much like to have professional looking content in descriptive text. In the early years of ISC, we were accepting school and college posts without such a requirement, but since now we are heavily competing with other sites in e-space, it would be better to work towards contributing in a professional manner. So please submit descriptive text in a systematic manner, with paragraphs. Thus, after the initial opening lines of when it was established and affiliation, start putting headings, like location, infrastructure & facilities, academics, co-curricular activities, unique features (if any), the admission process, etc.

Keep smiling...one day life will get tired of upsetting you.

Thank you mam for your help and support. Now, I have access to the update information option in all the three section namely school, college and my India section.

I will try to write the reviews and description as per your suggestions. I am learning bit by bit on daily basis and I will try my level best to keep up with the required standard.
    Thank you once again.

• Sign In to post your comments