'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
Even this challenging situation would ease
Non-violence is the greatest Dharma; So too is all righteous violence.
The simplest rule of increasing vocabulary level is:
1. Learn some new words everyday.
2, Use each word to make as many sentences as you can.
3. If possible, try to use the words in conversation also.
If someone follows the three simple steps regularly for one month, it would do wonders.
I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep.
As a child at school often I didn't like reading and writing English, but had to do it repetitively like a parrot. My handwriting was far from decent. Hence I used to write and re-write ( Rough class work to Neat class work).
Somewhere in the middle of 10-12 th standarad one of our English teacher used to say that the best way to learn a language is first to speak, then read and then write ( basic common core words and phrases to bigger sentence)
A few years ago, I had to take up IELTS English exam and get a score of 7.5. Here, at first i was a little confused seeing the test pattern, then I understood the reasoning behind it. It included
It reminded me of my teacher and I must admit after the exam, my overall skills improved a lot. So if one has to apply the same analogy and
1. start reading English newspapers, articles, ( I find editorials and invited articles are of a high standard of creative writing and vocabulary) and novels ( i love legal/ thriller novels and have learn't a lot - John Grisham, Jeffery Archer)
2.have conversations in English and you will see that many new words and phrases are used that can easily be picked up
3. Start writing on a topic that you are familiar with and do 3-4 drafts trying to improve, concise and make it more interesting to read. I'm sure you'll find a great difference after 2-3 weeks.
4. Listen to English news and documentaries (nature documentaries by David Attenborough) where in the narrator often has an excellent command of English and vocabulary.
5. Watching good English movies ( Court room dramas) with subtitles has helped me
Hope this helps you.. Simply good writing is nothing but a good expression of your thoughts and view in black and white..