You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Journalist Gauri Lankesh Shot Dead

The 55 year old journalist, Gauri Lankesh was shot dead on Tuesday at her house premises in rajarajeshwari nagar at Bangalore. She was heading a newspaper "gauri lankesh", She is the elder of lankesh who was a famous journalist for revealing crime stories and truth stories.
    But Gauri lankesh case is similar to Prof Kalburgi who was also shot dead at his home premises. Still the culprits are not caught. Hope fully at least in this case government should take a major step.
    It is really shocking. The way she was killed is really inhuman. The reasons are not known. The government has appointed CIT to investigate the case.
    But what is the position of law and order in the state.Earlier Prof. Kalburgi was also shot dead at his home premises
    The people who are responsible for these brutal acts should not be spared and should be punished severely so that these kind of incidents will come down.
    Let us pray for her soul to rest in peace.

drrao
    always confident

1. Gauri Lankesh was an extreme left leaning journalist. She used to run her own periodical.
    2. She was a rabid opponent of present Central Government.
    3. She was also opposing the present State Government of Karnataka.
    4. It is understood that before her death she had been working on a corruption case of the State Government.
    5. It has also been reported that she received death threats from her ideological comrades, i.e., the Maoists.
    6. She was fatally shot on 5th September, 2017 in front of her own residence.
    7. As far as I know no clue has so far been found about her murder.
    8. But the so-called secular, liberal intelligentsia of the country has readily started blaming the Central Government for this unfortunate murder.
    9. Law and order is a State subject.
    10. The so-called secular, liberal intelligentsia is silent about other cases of murder of journalists and reporters.

Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

I am a pacifist and condemn violence of any kind-whether in words or deeds. Hence I condemn the killing of Gauri Lankesh. The culprits should be brought before law and punished.

Simultaneously I also want to raise my apprehensions and doubts as to why there is no such reaction from 'intellectuals' left and so-called secular politicians and individuals in social media when extremists massacre innocent people , extremists massacre individual policemen and family, army personnel and political murder happens in states.

Are not others also human beings? Why this discrimination? What is signals?

Killing of Journalist Gauri Lankesh was the very sad happening and every right citizen would condemn it with deepest sense. But there are different versions of news coming from Bengaluru that there could be hand of Maoists too because she was planning to bring many of the them to the main stream of life and therefore due to grudge on her, they might have killed. However the real motives and who has killed can only come after the special SIT being set up by the Karnataka Government. By the way why CBI inquiry was not demanded by the state government which would throw all the reality.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Isn't Gauri Lankesh's murder being over-politicized before the probe? Do social media theories and statements have the potential to obstruct/unduly influence the natural course of investigation? Don't the sympathizers must reserve their viewpoints and allow law to take its course without being influenced by the controversy surrounding the case?

Common people must judge the entire issue very coolly. They shouldn't fall in the trap laid by secular-liberal brigade. Let proper investigation be completed and law take its own course.

Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

• Sign In to post your comments