You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Australian ad promoting lamb meat featuring Hindu deity Lord Ganesha has enraged faith.

Today I had seen a Australian company ad which is promoting Lamb meat by arranging a dinner with Gods of all faith and the center of attraction being Lord Ganesha and that is focused very much. The ad is highly disturbing as it hurts the sentiments of Hindus across the world and the ad has been released just when Ganesh festivities were on across the world and great programs are being organized to say farewell to Ganesha. Such cheap gimmicks from company was unwarranted and the ad must be withdrawn. Editor, please do not delete this post. It hurts more then.
    The most likely reply from Australia would begin with "This is an unfortunate event that shouldn't have happened".
    I'm sorry but it has happened. Right from conceptualization to its public display somebody somewhere has slipped and made this error hurting the religious beliefs of Hindus. If this was another other 'God' from any other religion, its followers would feel the same - deeply hurt and angered.

We live in a era of digital technology and information overload, I can't believe that the people involved in this were not aware of Lord Ganesha, despite large number of Indians living in Australia. Some of media agencies and creative groups would hide under or use the excuse of " freedom of expression", " an extension of a creative thought", an "issue blown out of context".

Bottom line is it's hurting the religious sentiments of a particular section of the society and the Indian Government should be proactive in condemning this incident with formal apology from the Australian side.

There are Hindus who can also put their shop names as Ganesha wines, Venkateswara bar shop, meat shop and Chicken Shop like this....
    A blunt knife or rusted knife can't be useful for anything just for the sake we call it as the knife similar to PayTM series or Sachin or Virat records.

It is very ridiculous and not at all acceptable. Naming a shop with the name of the god is different but showing that as if the God has come and eating the meat in the shop is entirely different. There is no vomparison between the two. As Hindus we should not accept such meaningless and unethical advertisements. As mentioned in earlier post intentionally only they might have done it. If any one objects they say it happened unknowingly. These are all gimmicks. Indian Government should not accept this. They should take immediate action so that the advertisement will be withdrawn immediately. It is because Hindus they dared to do it. If it is any other religion by this time lot of problems might have raised. No Hindu should accept this company's products any more. Australian Government also should be informed and that product should be banned in India.
    drrao
    always confident

Hurting Hindu gods in any form is not acceptable and soon people would start protest to even remove the names of gods in wine shops.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

I was also stunned and deeply pained when I read the news. But after lot of thinking I have understood that we, the Hindus are responsible for this. We have made the concept of secularism synonymous to Hindu-bashing. People of every other religion ridicule us, because we, the Hindus try to find excuse for others' dastardly acts.

Now some reaction is necessary. Equal and opposite reaction to every such act would check such incidents.

Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

How come PM Modi is silent on this. He can use his good office and ask his Australian counterpart to immediately ban the ads and also take precautions in future that such teasing ads against Hindu gods are not permitted.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

• Sign In to post your comments