You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Cricket

Clean sweep of Srilanka by Indian Cricket team: A superb team effort or an under par opponent

We are proud of our cricketers who have performed really well in this Srilankan tour.
    They have won all three test matches ( I test: 304 runs, II test by an innings + 53 runs, III - innings and 171 runs).We've also won the 5 one day matches and the stand alone T 20 match convincingly.The team has really performed as an unit.
    During this tour, there has been constant information trickling regarding the performance or lack of performance by the Srilankan. So the question is we have no doubt whitewashed Srilanka. Was it our class performance or a weak oppentent or a combination of both.
    (Note: I like the Indian cricket team (Dhoni, Kholi etc), no disrespect to the team and the millions of cricket fans)
    Definitely under par opponent no doubt about that. Recent series which was concluded in Sri Lanka before India series here is the history....
    Sri Lanka got defeated against Bangladesh(Which is the first away series win).
    Zimbabwe a forgotten team in Cricket won against Sri Lanka in recently concluded series. Kohli and Shastri are proud of these victories but these wins will not prove any thing and everybody knows that.

A blunt knife or rusted knife can't be useful for anything just for the sake we call it as the knife similar to PayTM series or Sachin or Virat records.

Yes. Indian team won. But the opponent team is ver very weak team. So we need not be very proud that our team has done extremely well. Lanka team is going through a bad patch. Even they lost to very inference teams like Zimbabwe and Babnladesh. Really their performance is very disturbing.i read in the papers that their complete selection committee resigned and now a new committee is to be formed. I think to prove their capacity under the captaincy of Virat Kohli, the team has to win against teams of England, South Africa and Newzeland. Then we can say that our team is doing extremely well. Of course India is having very good players who can deliver goods in times of need and necessity. I hope our team will be proved asbestos team in near future. All the best to the team under the captaincy of Virat.
    drrao
    always confident

Yes India has won the One day Internationals and clean swiped the test matches against Lankans with great ease and style. Now the Team India is concentrating on 20 over matches and that should also be won with ease. What I see that if the team in stronger in all the departments like batting, bowling, fielding and wicket keeping, every match can be won against any team. But sometimes our boys wont perform to their capacity and strength and that is the reason India loose to some teams some times. Nevertheless we should talk and praise about our team and nothing about opposite team whether it is weak of non consequential.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

It was a tremendous achievement on part of Team India. Never before had any Indian Team won all the test matches, One day Internationals and T-20 match on a foreign soil.
    It is true that the Sri Lankan Cricket Team is not that much strong as it was in the past but we should never underestimate a team playing international cricket. Anything could have happened on a particular day and match but our team won showing complete supremacy in all the departments of batting, bowling and fielding.
    However, the real test of Team India would be when they play against teams like Australia, England, South Africa and New Zealand.

I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep.

Every overseas win is praiseworthy, especially when Team India whitewashed the opponent in every format of the game. Having said this, we must not forget that this Srilanka team is only a shadow of the Srilankan team of late nineties and 2000s. Jayasurya, Kaluwitharne, Aravind DeSilva, Duleep Mendis, Jayawardhane, Tilakratne, Murleedharan and Chaminda Vyas have retired. Lasith Malinga no longer plays longer format of the game. Rangana Herath is at the fag end of his international career.

So, we must not be unduly happy although the whitewash deserves celebration.

Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

thanks for the replies and posts. yes the Indian team does deserve a pat on the back and these victories would have more value when India maintains its wining note against the other better teams. Time will tell us..

• Sign In to post your comments